Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone experienced in matters of the EYE?...

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
I've had a few of them my whole life as far as I can remember. I notice them for a few seconds every few months or so and then filter them out normally.

Of course having read this thread today I can't stop seeing them at the moment.
Gah!

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Anyone who experiences sudden new spots in their vision and especially if you have a dark spot that you cannot see through or it seems as if a curtain is across the eye or sudden flahes which last, should get it checked pronto. Detached retina need seeing to quick as you can lose sight if not reattached quickly. Having said that floating objects are not uncommon but are due to the ageing of the eye. Still worth getting it checked to be sure though.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Get it checked out - 1 optician told me I had floaters which could lead to detached retina. Three weeks earlier, a different optician told me I had cateracts forming.

Either way, my advice to you is to go and see an optician pronto. Can't muck about with eyes.

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
Speaking as somebody that is in the game as you might say, the majority of you are right, he is an eye mentalist.....NO actually... probably floaters/ vitreous detatchment however because of other possibilities it is wise to get a proper eye examination, advisable not to drive to/from appointment beacause of eye drops the Optometrist/Doctor SHOULD use to dilate the pupil to get as big a view as he/she can.
Vision will be peculiar after this is done.

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
Probably floater although eye test wouldn't go amiss.
I developed them a couple of years ago, apparently some will go away but others will form.
I see them against light background, e.g. computer screen, sky, bedroom ceiling.
If they're central, you can move them out of the way by moving your eyes quickly.
Age related although my 17 yo niece has a few.

I've had a few of them my whole life as far as I can remember. I notice them for a few seconds every few months or so and then filter them out normally.

Of course having read this thread today I can't stop seeing them at the moment.
Gah!

My experiences mirrored precisely.
They are also one of the many symptoms of food allergies, which include fatigue and dark circles under the eyes. An involuntary flickering of an upper eyelid every few weeks is another ocular symptom.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's not always there, it just seems to occassionally float across the left eye in a nose to ear direction... Seems to happen mostly when looking at a computer screen!

I've got one in my left eye. I dont think it's anything to worry about. I've had it as long as I can remember and I'm 40. You do forget about them...I fact I hadnt seen mine for ages until I opened this thread and was reminded.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Have you tried closing your eyes and opening them again?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here