Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone ever modelled for life drawing?

Oct 25, 2003
May I ask why you did it, was it purely for the $$$?

kinda....the bloke who organises it asked me if i wanted to, as hardly any young males do.....i just thought "f*** it, why not? something to tell the grandkids....pass the werthers originals darling, grandads got a story about how i once got naked for money"......i'm also going to write an article about it

the money was a factor in that i wouldn't have done it for free

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
£20, Coffee, biscuits,a break to peruse the results and a semi acceptable excuse for a tommy tank. You have been truly spoilt.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
kinda....the bloke who organises it asked me if i wanted to, as hardly any young males do.....i just thought "f*** it, why not? something to tell the grandkids....pass the werthers originals darling, grandads got a story about how i once got naked for money"......i'm also going to write an article about it

the money was a factor in that i wouldn't have done it for free
I couldn't do it, nowhere near enough self confidence, but what a great thing to have done......if you can get naked in front of 40 strangers, there isn't much else you couldn't do really. All power to you mate.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
:needpics:

Well somebody had to do it.......

Oct 25, 2003
:needpics:

Well somebody had to do it.......

no pics, but this is one of the sculptures someone made....pretty accurate

200px-David_von_Michelangelo.jpg

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Funnily enough I used to do it from time to time for a mate of mine in Brum (who ran a Still Life art group one evening a week). It felt a little strange at first to be modelling in the buff for the 40-strong group, but I was really into art then anyway & I was fascinated by the unique ways that people sketched or painted me (as the subject). I don't think I'd do it now tbh, but I really enjoyed it at the time. It's a bloody challenge to stay absolutely still for half an hour+ though; & I made sure I didn't eat anything before that would make me 'pump'...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I taught art at night school and use to model for students and pupils,first time is a bit scary but you get used to it,just think of something else.....(not SEX) and your OK...some drawings were brilliant. Don't do it now...unless of course some fit bird wants me to pose in a private session....

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Out of interest, how important is it for the development of these budding artists that they draw someone's genitals? Could they not just draw a couple of people in their underwear?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I haven't,but many years ago, my first wife did for an art class run by Croydon Council of all people(I can still remember the Croydon Council cheque she received,and although I can't remember the exact amount,I can remember it wasn't a bad rate of pay!)
She was a good looking girl and well endowed!
Terrible thought that she may have modelled for Palace fans tho'!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Funny, my girlfriend came back from her art class last night. Said she drew some bloke in the nude.

Didn't look much like a bloke. Looked more like an egg in a nest.

... :jester:

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Have always wanted to try this as it's supposed to be quite liberating but not sure if I am brave enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here