Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone ever applied for a student hardship loan?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I have my application for one now and as part of it I have to send two months consecutive bank statements.

I don't think they will look to favourably on mine as there are copious transactions at pubs and online betting accounts.

I suppose I could use another account and exaggerate my proper outgoings (rent, travel etc) and apply in two months time.

Any ideas?

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Get a job?

That's not meant as a flippant comment.

When I was at uni some of the research departments had dead easy data entry work paying pretty good money (better than the student bars).

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Highfields Seagull said:
Get a job?

That's not meant as a flippant comment.

When I was at uni some of the research departments had dead easy data entry work paying pretty good money (better than the student bars).

I've done all that sort of stuff, and I do work in my holidays, but if there is free money to be applied for (you have to pay back the loan, but not the following grant) then I am going to apply for it.

In any case, I have got to have an operation costing £7000 and I do not have £7000!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
just get a job you lazy tax dodging sponger

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
you can get small loans via your uni to pay for odd bills that you can't afford. i used to get a months rent paid every semester.

:clap2:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
virgirlo said:
you can get small loans via your uni to pay for odd bills that you can't afford. i used to get a months rent paid every semester.

:clap2:

That is what I am trying to get; I just have to fill in the application form and try and make out that I haven't spent all my money on football and alcohol!

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
we didn't need to show any forms of spending, just a signed bill from whoever. they normally hand them out anyway!!! go for it!

sponge!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I applied for this when I was at uni and my bank statements showed regular cashback transaction at various city-wide pubs as well as frequent HMV debits.

I worried that they would laugh in my face but no questions asked the money made its way to me and I promptly spent it on getting lashed.

Looking back this was rather shameless and I don't condone this sort of activity, however, it did work.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
yep but i was at Royal Holloway and all they insisted on was seeing my current bank balance... fob them off with the im miles away from home and mum hasn't sent them to me routine. and they should be putty in your hands and you should recieve a fist full of dollars!!! :smokin:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
virgirlo said:
we didn't need to show any forms of spending, just a signed bill from whoever. they normally hand them out anyway!!! go for it!

sponge!
I think they have probably cottoned onto that sort of thing now.

I am going to manipulate another bank account for two months showing larger than normal rent and travel costs, large credit card repayments and no money spent in pubs.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've done all that sort of stuff, and I do work in my holidays, but if there is free money to be applied for (you have to pay back the loan, but not the following grant) then I am going to apply for it.

In any case, I have got to have an operation costing £7000 and I do not have £7000!

So you're already heavily dependant upon the taxpayer and now you want more money to keep going out drinking ??? And sorry, any operation that you REALLY need would be covered by the NHS.

Bring on the higher fees I say !

Of course this could be very bad :fishing:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here