Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else worried a big club might come along for Russ now?

First a miraculous (sp?) escape with Scarboro' now us :ohmy: the man is proving himself to be quite a manager. Any chance a Premiership team might come sniffing for him or unlikely considering they only ever want foreign names and good English coaches don't get a look in?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;2925004 said:
First a miraculous (sp?) escape with Scarboro' now us :ohmy: the man is proving himself to be quite a manager. Any chance a Premiership team might come sniffing for him or unlikely considering they only ever want foreign names and good English coaches don't get a look in?
O danny :lolol:
Russell has won what 5 out of 10 games or so?so he certainly won't be in demand:D

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;2925035 said:
Pete did you know what he did with Scarborough? 12 points adrift when he took over. And taken two other clubs to P/O finals.

I'd say that's a pretty impressive CV he's built up now.
Yeah but not many clubs are bigger than bha that would want him;)

I can't see Charlton and Scumhampton sticking with what they've got after the seasons they've had.

He's cut his teeth in the lower leagues now you could say, sure he's got ambitions like the rest of us - might want to step up a level.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
Nah... he wants to stay, clearly loves the club already and the fans etc, he'll be here next season.

I'm off to get hammered, GET IN f***ing BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, big clubs won't be coming in for RS. His CV, though impressive, is lower league, and 'Big Clubs' these days are only interested in getting in big-name johnny foreigners. If he gets us into the Championship, and going well, then we might have to watch our backs.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;2925035 said:
Pete did you know what he did with Scarborough? 12 points adrift when he took over. And taken two other clubs to P/O finals.

I'd say that's a pretty impressive CV he's built up now.

I seem to remember a Mr Gritt taking on a similar lost cause and turning things around. Hardly had Man United chasing after him :lolol:

Seriously though he is a fairly proven lower league manager who is yet to win anything (I think). It could be very good for us and him to stick it out for a couple of seasons especially when we move to Falmer and hopefully start to become serious challengers, we can both evolve and mature together

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I seem to remember a Mr Gritt taking on a similar lost cause and turning things around. Hardly had Man United chasing after him :lolol:

Seriously though he is a fairly proven lower league manager who is yet to win anything (I think). It could be very good for us and him to stick it out for a couple of seasons especially when we move to Falmer and hopefully start to become serious challengers, we can both evolve and mature together

That's all Gritt had on his c.v though. Slade is a proven lower league manager. O.K, a prem team aren'tgoing to offer him a job(not as manager-maybe assistant?) but a championship team might.

As legendary as Gritt always will be in my mind he hadn't really done much before us though.

But yeah, there are a few decent English coaches floating around in the lower leagues but top Premiership sides especially don't seem to give a toss, preferring foreign nobodies who fill their squads with expensive dross. Can only be good news for us. Long live the Slade :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here