Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else thinking ...?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Report on the two from a City fan that attended:

I went along to the match last night. Very pleased to see Razak & Assulin start the match, but sorry to say they both had very quiet games.

Brighton play this very boring style of pass, pass, pass with most of the passes going backwards. Unfortunately, both City players have been indoctrinated in this style and would simply pass the ball, mostly straight back to where it came from.

Razak looks quite strong and difficult to shrug off the ball. He attempted a couple of long passes which didn't find their target and reverted to the short backward passing.

Assulin was played as a winger and hardly touched the ball. After 1 touch in the first 15 minutes he switched to the right, had one small little run beating a couple of players, but with no one to pass to he turned round and passed the ball backwards!

After Brighton went one down on the hour, both were taken off and I left.

As an aside, Brighton's new stadium is hellish to get away from after the game. No car parking, so trains only, with 2 trains per hour. You have the choice of rushing and trying to beat the station crush at the end of the game or leaving early and missing a large chunk of the game. With no affinity towards Brighton & with a 7 year old son in tow the latter is the only option unfortunately.

1. Assulin had the ball many many many times in the first half.

2. What complete and utter bollocks the final paragraph - well thicko Man City fan (not you I know) if you leave the game mid way through the 2nd half there are not going to be trains to pick up up on your own, if ever there was a :facepalm: comment

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Most fans don't tend to share the holistic view of football that good managers have. This is why we get thread after thread after thread after thread of people reacting to one performance from a player or team. Some even share the view of women.
And it's boring the shit out of me.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

I went along to the match last night. Very pleased to see Razak & Assulin start the match, but sorry to say they both had very quiet games.

Brighton play this very boring style of pass, pass, pass with most of the passes going backwards. Unfortunately, both City players have been indoctrinated in this style and would simply pass the ball, mostly straight back to where it came from.

Razak looks quite strong and difficult to shrug off the ball. He attempted a couple of long passes which didn't find their target and reverted to the short backward passing.

Assulin was played as a winger and hardly touched the ball. After 1 touch in the first 15 minutes he switched to the right, had one small little run beating a couple of players, but with no one to pass to he turned round and passed the ball backwards!

As an aside, Brighton's new stadium is hellish to get away from after the game. No car parking, so trains only, with 2 trains per hour. You have the choice of rushing and trying to beat the station crush at the end of the game or leaving early and missing a large chunk of the game. With no affinity towards Brighton & with a 7 year old son in tow the latter is the only option unfortunately.

What utter bollocks

Do you go to any events of 20k people ever ? The trains are spot on

No idea where to begin with everything you say , Such tripe

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Blimey, that was quick.

Do you know anything about tactics by the way? When a good team completely shuts up shop for 45 minutes you have to move the ball around constantly until you find an opportunity. We played that very well and were unlucky not to score.

City

Feb 17, 2012
Manchester City FC
Blimey, that was quick.

Do you know anything about tactics by the way? When a good team completely shuts up shop for 45 minutes you have to move the ball around constantly until you find an opportunity. We played that very well and were unlucky not to score.

Do you know how to read by the way?
"Report on the two from a City fan that attended"

aka. Not me.

horshamseagull11

seagullshorsham
Dec 11, 2010
Eastbourne
I think its nice to have assulin and razak as back up players and to bring on to make impact. They have their quality's but not the style and understanding of the championship game we need at this point in the season. I don't think we should be putting them before decent players we already have on the books like lua lua, buckley, noone, forster caskey. Im no football manager but i was shocked at our starting lineup wondering how we would create chances with the side we had out. first half we kept the ball nicely but did nothing with it!

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
..... he has single handedly earnt us at least 10 points on his own this year.

So no, it was a fking awful decsion from poyet to leave him. Poyet got it totally wrong tonight starting with that eleven -

....I love him when he's up for it, but he does have days where you wonder whether he has cataracts, or there's a bit of fog down his wing, that I'm missing.
I've also chatted to him out at the cricket in Hove too, and he seems a genuinely likeable lad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here