Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else think we're as good as down?

Anchorman

Oct 19, 2007
For those that think its a done deal you can have 6/4 against it happening on Betfair at this very moment. Recent results and performances have been more positive, or at least we haven't looked a bottom 4 side - today nothing went right for us. Its easy to look at the table after a 0-4 and assume we're doomed but a lot of people weren't thinking that this time last week.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I do.

Now these players should go out there with some bollocks and go and prove me wrong.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
This isn't a situation where a new manager can tweak a few things and get us winning games, we're rotten to the core and I can't see ANYONE turning this around in two months.
I disagree. I still think with most players fit we've got a decent side on paper, they've just never played as a team all season, never been well organised, never had a clear plan. IF we can get someone decent in, and I think it pretty much HAS to be before Orient then I still think we have every chance.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that before todays game Orient, Hereford and Cheltenham would go down and then either us or Crewe. Yes there was some reason for us losing so heavily today but at the end of the season the league table does not show bad luck and injuries. It just shows points and the relegated teams that dont secure enough of them and we look to be heading that way. Our best chance of survival is if Swindon drop further.

I think individually the players are good enough but they are not playing as a team.

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
No i dont think we are down

what sort of supporter gives up on their team when they are just 1 point away from safety with 14 games left. This is when the fans should be getting behind the team and helping them to safety rather than trying to undermine them.

No wonder things are poor with supporters like that

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
We were as good as down at Christmas in my view !!
The football was poor then and has got worse.
I really cannot see us getting out of this - there are decent players there who cannot be motivated properly. Get the clowns Booker and White out and we just may stand a half chance - with them in charge for the rest of the season we'll finish bottom of the league

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
No i dont think we are down

what sort of supporter gives up on their team when they are just 1 point away from safety with 14 games left. This is when the fans should be getting behind the team and helping them to safety rather than trying to undermine them.

No wonder things are poor with supporters like that

Do you remember the season we almost went out of the league ?
I do
We were poor then and we had worse players but we fought for every point tooth and nail.
now we've got better players who are not able to motivate themselves (or the manager can't motivate them)
I never thought - even when we were 12 points behind in january that year that we would go down. This year I have reconciled myself to that fate and did so at Christmas.
Frankly if the manager/coach who works with them all week can't raise their game how will the fans raise the player's game when they only see them for 90 minutes of a Saturday ?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Do you remember the season we almost went out of the league ?
I do
We were poor then and we had worse players but we fought for every point tooth and nail.
now we've got better players who are not able to motivate themselves (or the manager can't motivate them)
I never thought - even when we were 12 points behind in january that year that we would go down. This year I have reconciled myself to that fate and did so at Christmas.
Frankly if the manager/coach who works with them all week can't raise their game how will the fans raise the player's game when they only see them for 90 minutes of a Saturday ?

So how can you compare that season to this? that season the club were looking to remove a board that was asset stripping with a view to folding the club, there was unrest amongst the fans for most of the season (until Knight & co took over)

This season, we have not done as well as any supporter would have liked, but to say things are as bad now as it was then is ridiculous, how can you say that when we are in a season when work was finally started on Falmer (blame Archer & co, and the opponents to the stadium for it taking so long)

The board have tried their best to do whats right for the supporters, the Supporters called for the return of Adams, they got their way and but they still started moaning almost immediately, how is that supporting the team. they provided funds for new players but they arn't being given the chance to settle or gel.

I want the team to win, but i realise we can't win every game, i realise that we can't play well every game, and i realise individuals will make mistakes during the season, but i don't think it is acceptable for someone to make one mistake to be turned into a villian or to become the target of so much abuse that they don't perform to their ability.

Confident players play well, how does having your own supporters moaning about you going to give the players confidence they need to play well,

how does knowing that one mistake will be pounced upon by fans and mean you are subjected to abuse for weeks to come make you want to try something different, the somethimng different that might have made the difference and mean we create more chances and score more goals.

How does ridiculing a player, especially a defender, make him play better, they are under extra pressure, pressure no player needs and pressure that is more likely to make them make a mistake.

Strikers miss chances, does that mean that they should be subjected to the type of abuse that Davies is getting now, ffs he isn't fully fit following injury, and we had no-one else to play up front, strikers thrive on confidence, what if Zamora was here now, and missed a chance, would he get the same abuse, and if he did, would he have been as good for us as he was

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Actually when you take a step back we have some very good players at this club who will be back in the next few weeks, get a decent name manager in, rid out the dead wood and this 'could' all seem like a distant memory.

If DK acts quickly I just cannot see us going down.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Daft thing is we now have a very capable set of players at the club. Much better than we had at the start of the season.

The coaching tho is non-existent.

It's the backroom staff that have to go IMHO. All of them.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
God, I'm glad I was never in the trenches with some of you lot. It may not look good now but there are 14 games and 42 points to play for, I said before the Millwall game that 6 wins 6 draws and 5 defeats should be enough, since then we've collected 4 points from 3 and if we keep doing that it should be enough. The score may have been crap today but it isn't over yet.

:clap: I think that is the 2nd times today i have completly agreed with you. YOu clearly are a cleaver chap/chapess.

Its not over until its bloody over.

Higham Seagull Army

May 5, 2008
northants
New manager (whoever it is) must hit the ground running and have an instant impact,on players and morale,must be in place before next saturday as well.
I believe we can do it, div 2 never again.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I think we are in serious danger, as I have done for a while . I still think if we can get a decent manager in quickly we could get on a late roll & pick up enough points to avoid it.
God, can you imagine the binfest on here from the Micky lickers if we still go down?

Bloody clever chap! :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here