Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else think Sambo's username is slightly RACIST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I'd hazzard a guess that sambo is a reference to his name being sam so in a nutshell no.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Mango.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Yes (Christ I'm agreeing with Safeway!).

I wouldn't change his username, precisely for that reason.

Not sure which admin agreed to it. :glare:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I thought it was some kind of womens self defence, hence why the :safeway
was used.

My mate from Huntington is doing it at the moment !!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Little Black Sambo was a character in kid's book written about 100 years ago by Hellen Bannerman.

It is just as racist as the Robertson's Gollywog, i.e. it is perceived as being unacceptable in Blair's Britain.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
possibly, but coming from a person who thinks it's ok to beat asian women (and who said he was never coming back to this board), it smacks of double standards.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Pavilionaire said:
Little Black Sambo was a character in kid's book written about 100 years ago by Hellen Bannerman.

It is just as racist as the Robertson's Gollywog, i.e. it is perceived as being unacceptable in Blair's Britain.

As such both were actually affectionate until somebody decided to use them as insults.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
So what the f*** is NSC going to do about it?! There's people coming on this site every minute who are getting insulted by his username. Or don't you care?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Come on, there is at least one mod on line who was quick to take people to task for starting double threads, don't shirk the issue when there is potential for real moderating to be done.

munster monch said:
possibly, but coming from a person who thinks it's ok to beat asian women.................it smacks of double standards.

If you actually believed what I said then you're even more of a f***ing RETARD than someone who simply gets their 'u's and 'o's mixed up. The sort of person that thinks Eminen really has murdered his wife, yet probably thinks it's okay to read a good Steven King book. Double standards you said?

And I never said I was never coming back, I just I was having a bit of a break.

(Mods, I'd like to change my username to Spade if that's alright? )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here