Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else take in Peterborough Cathedral whilst they were there today

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As cathedrals go, it was flair. And ran into a fellow seagull from York as well. I am sure the £5 donation helped the result too!!!

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Got my ticket at 10.30. did a 12 mile bike ride to New England (in P'boro) for family history research, visited the cathedral & local studies library and then ... WOW ! Great day out. Love Peterborough - never lost there (7th visit)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Surprisingly impressed with Peterborough, the City, not the football team. Having only been straight to the ground on previous visits, this time with family we explored a bit and it was all very nice.even Mrs Giraffe was impressed.

Smith DID score

formerly Harvey's Best
Apr 25, 2009
Worthing
Thought the Cathedral was incredible, have to wonder why the town don't publicise it more.

Now want to know where the other five of Henry VIII's wives are buried.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Thought the Cathedral was incredible, have to wonder why the town don't publicise it more.

Now want to know where the other five of Henry VIII's wives are buried.

Anne Boleyn and Katherine Howard are buried in the Tower - after having their heads chopped off
Jane Seymour is in St George's Chapel at Windsor
Anne of Cleves is in Westminster Abbey
Catherine Parr is in Sudeley Castle, Gloucestershire

Having recently read Wolf Hall and a few of the CJ Sansom books, I've been reading a lot about Tudor history

And yes, Peterborough cathedral is impressive - I pop in there every time I go to the city

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here