Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else seriously pissed off with today?

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I was told by the ticket office (middayish) even if people had 3500 pts, they could not buy any more tickets. Cant vouch if this true or not.

It's not as to how many tickets they can buy, as they're still limited to 1 per 'Fan Number'. The issue is whether people with 250pts or 1000pts had wrongly been credited with 3500pts, they could (and still can?) buy tickets online as they more than meet the 1250pts criteria. Giraffe's comments above seem to suggest they can - though it's not entirely clear if they were able to do this after the midday 'fix' or what their original loyalty point total was.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Worked for me (after a bit of a wait) - not worried, as this is what "ramp up" events are for - testing the infrastructure. I`m sure the club will have learned loads, and when you consider what else is going on, it's frankly amazing that the club are delivering so much on so many different fronts. I guess those that are pi$$sed off would rather we were still at Withdean with the prospect of NO home friendlies, and no new signings.

Very easy to make that comment as "you have your tickets". There seems to be a mentality surfacing here of "I've got mine mate, its easy. Well no it fekin isnt and not everyone can hold on the phone/internet all day. £90m stadium, millions spent on players (which is good - no criticisms there) but like most businesses it looks like they think they can run their IT and communications systems with 2 tin cans and a piece of string !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have never bought a ticket on line simply because I do not have the confidence in my computer knowledge to not make f..k up of it so chose to go and queue, having read on here that there was a large queue in Queens Rd, but I wanted to be sure that I got the tickets I wanted so a few hours waiting didnt hurt me. As somebody else said the atmosphere was very good as everybody accepted the situation.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Dont think this is really true, a fair few people i know are not intersted in the friendlies as they want the league game to be their first Amex experience. Booking fees are discretional and could be applied only once if need be. Having three games available on the same day would always cause problems. The selling windows for the friendlies could of been staggered into where you would prefer to sit as is what is available.

I'm sorry but I don't buy this "saving the Amex experience" business. Its just the same people who never go to friendlies, or Oldham away, etc. The uber fans will be out in full force at both SCC and spurs. The club need these ramp up games to be full and in sone ways it's a bit selfish if you don't go to them, but can IMHO.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], I'm not surprised gillingham is selling so well; competitive games are always far more entertaining than friendlies be it spurs or burgess hill, and it's £10 cheaper than spurs!

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
After waiting 14 long years, having to wait around on the phone for over an hour and pushing refresh on my pc for 30 minutes hardly seems excessive and now I've got my tickets and car park pass sorted I'm well happy and nothing is going to change that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Very easy to make that comment as "you have your tickets". There seems to be a mentality surfacing here of "I've got mine mate, its easy. Well no it fekin isnt and not everyone can hold on the phone/internet all day. £90m stadium, millions spent on players (which is good - no criticisms there) but like most businesses it looks like they think they can run their IT and communications systems with 2 tin cans and a piece of string !

That's unfair, IMO, on a few levels...

1. The ticket system is provided by a highly experienced third party who provide the same service for clubs with far bigger stadia, and hence fan bases, than us.

2. It's too early to lay the boot in. No-one had to buy a ticket at 10am today, No-one had to buy today. No-one has to buy tomorrow. Let's wait and see if there are people who want tickets, and should have got tickets, that end up missing out due to 'the system'. I bet you they are very few and far between, if any exist at all.

Sep 1, 2010
I'm sorry but I don't buy this "saving the Amex experience" business. Its just the same people who never go to friendlies, or Oldham away, etc. The uber fans will be out in full force at both SCC and spurs. The club need these ramp up games to be full and in sone ways it's a bit selfish if you don't go to them, but can IMHO.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], I'm not surprised gillingham is selling so well; competitive games are always far more entertaining than friendlies be it spurs or burgess hill, and it's £10 cheaper than spurs!

I gues that is true, i am going, and like you say these ramp up events are very important. There are many aspescts of teething problems which is to be expected of course. I do feel though that a bit of staggering to help online traffic would of helped. I am certainly not in the rant camp though. Ultimately, this is the most enojyable and exciting era for the club i have known. I guess it is easy to have a little gripe here or there but the coming weeks are going to be incredible

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage

Well, my own views directly contradict yours - I'm definitely waiting until the Doncaster game until I visit the Amex for the first time. I want my visit to have everything right from the start - the wonder of seeing the stadium up close, walking into the concourse and feeling that excited buzz and walking out into the stand and seeing that green grass and the stands full to bursting. I could theoretically make one of the two ramp-up games (courtesy of a £15 train return from Luton) - so apologies if it's seen as selfish if I refrain. I'm sure that there'll be plenty of fans willing to attend in my place.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

1. The ticket system is provided by a highly experienced third party who provide the same service for clubs with far bigger stadia, and hence fan bases, than us.

2. It's too early to lay the boot in. No-one had to buy a ticket at 10am today, No-one had to buy today. No-one has to buy tomorrow. Let's wait and see if there are people who want tickets, and should have got tickets, that end up missing out due to 'the system'. I bet you they are very few and far between, if any exist at all.

Point 1 - interesting, didnt know this, might quiet a few down.

Point 2 - Wise words.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Come on guys

These are exceptional circumstances which we are talking about at this time, a friendly v Burgess Hill, The SSC Final, A friendly against THFC (which also happens to be the official opening of the stadium) AND the Gillingham game. On top of that there were also enquiries for season ticket car parking and parking for a 'one off' game, not to mention 101 other enquiries or gripes.

In addition to this, new systems as I understand, AND, the fact the club have re-located their entire operation from Queens Road to the Amex. I have worked in a large organisation and am perfectly aware of the potential IT problems associated with just those circumstances.

Though I myself have not been directly involved in trying to obtain tickets today, it appears to me, from the posts here, that the vast majority have been dealt with politely and efficiently SO I think, under the circumstances, congratulatulations are due, in no small way, to the club staff who, after all, will probably never have to deal with quite the same scenario ever again.

PS I hope I will be able to obtain a ticket for the Spurs game but, if I can't, so be it because it will be nobody's fault.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
I gues that is true, i am going, and like you say these ramp up events are very important. There are many aspescts of teething problems which is to be expected of course. I do feel though that a bit of staggering to help online traffic would of helped. I am certainly not in the rant camp though. Ultimately, this is the most enojyable and exciting era for the club i have known. I guess it is easy to have a little gripe here or there but the coming weeks are going to be incredible

I appreciate you saying that "a bit of staggering to help online traffic would of helped", in reality the club gave us all the opportunity to do our own "staggering" over four or five days but we all chose to do it on the first morning of day one!

I suppose they could have said all those with surnames A-E can apply on day one, F-H on day two etc - that is very simple staggering and very easy to impose - but can you imagine the shouting and screaming it would have caused on here?

And our course the rush for all Brighton supporters to register themselves as "Mr Andrews" to ensure they are first in line. Poor Mr Zambezee, no chance of a SSC ticket!

Beartown Seagull

Jan 11, 2006
Brighton

Highly Experienced?! I'm ashamed to admit that I worked for Iris until a couple of months ago; albeit in a different team to the ticketing team although they were only a row of desks away from me. The whole company seriously lacks investment and as a result the technology is old and not fit for purpose. Don't blame BHA for this, it's not their fault, but they really should be making Iris do better with their hosting facilities or go elsewhere.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What's the problem? I've just bought SSC, Spurs and Gillingham tickets on-line, with no hiccups.

The fact that the website said all the games were sold out at 11am, for one thing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Highly Experienced?! I'm ashamed to admit that I worked for Iris until a couple of months ago; albeit in a different team to the ticketing team although they were only a row of desks away from me. The whole company seriously lacks investment and as a result the technology is old and not fit for purpose. Don't blame BHA for this, it's not their fault, but they really should be making Iris do better with their hosting facilities or go elsewhere.

Well, we COULD blame BHA for this, being as this is the company they selected to handle the online ticket sales.

But having said that, I'm not throwing an eppy just yet. I managed to get logged in and was going to buy the Spurs tickets, until I saw the U18 price for my lad was listed at full adult price for some reason. I'm *hoping* this glitch will get sorted in the next few days without me having to phone up, but if I have to then so be it
(truth be told I'm still not 100% sure about going, I might still wait for Donnie).

Bottom line though, as El Pres so eloquently put, this is a ramp up. Its a first test of the system, there are BOUND to be a few teething problems here and there. Give the club a chance and I'm sure they'll iron out the creases.

Cor, its getting really windy out there.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm not unhappy as I didn't even apply for tickets. I've only been going to games for the past six years, and whilst regular at home and a fair few aways, this season is the first time I've bought a season ticket. I was quite happy to let the people who have been season ticket holders for a long time snap up the tickets. Besides which, I'd like my first ever game at Falmer to be the first league game of the season anyway.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
[MENTION=715]Razi[/MENTION], sorry, didn't mean to tar everyone with the same brush but I really can't see the donny game being any less special as a result of going to the ramp-ups.

To me it's a bit like saying the away game at charlton last season was a bit less special after going to carlisle. But if anything I think it will help to know where everything is so you don't have to worry about that on the day.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I stand by that, yes.

The point is the Albion haven't just had a stab at cobbling together their own system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here