Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else seen The Football Factory yet?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Hooligan film following a Chelsea group to various matches, a few good actors one from Lock Stock and Human Traffic kiddy.

Film aint too bad, a little story too it and some nasty fight scenes, goes on about the reasons for such violence and crapness, due out in March (saw it on pirate)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
watched it with Wilts last saturday.

Entertaining if a little generic, and the ending was nicked from American History X

Zebba - fuckin - dee

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Nope, is it as good as ID Crabbers ?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
aint seen ID but mates say its "different" from it, what that means I have no idea :)

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
I am just reading the football factory!!!! And i have the next 2 books in this 'loose' triolgy to read as well - didnt knowit was out as a film though

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Dick Knights Mum said:
I had the misfortune of buying this book a few years ago, and a bigger load of fanciful tosh is hard to imagine.

fanciful, yes (all hoolie books are) but interesting to boot IMHO

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
As one of the people involved in producing the film (no Im not joking), I would be very interested to know how you obtained a copy.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
have not seen the film but must agree all 3 books are classics. great storyline in headhunters. (the sex league):lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Southy said:
As one of the people involved in producing the film (no Im not joking), I would be very interested to know how you obtained a copy.

I aint got a copy, just saw it round a mates house when he had it.

Anyway promoting football violence is pretty much the same crime as piracy :)

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Its a film about men and violence, ever watched Goodfellas, The Godfather, Resevoir Dogs, Lock Stock? Why is violence deemed acceptable when its cool Americans in suits shooting each other, but if its English blokes wearing dogy designer clothes its suddenly 'promoting football violence. A few blokes punching each other outside a pub in Tottenham might be stupid, but shooting someones foot off a la Joe pesci or cutting someones ear off a la Michael Marsden seems a liitle bit more violent to me. Are you saying any film about violence deserves to be pirated or just ones about football?

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Also the film doesn't promote football violence, I would say it de- glamourises it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here