Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else see Geoff Pitcher on Sky today ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I watched the first half of Barnet v Woking today (yes, I was very bored and hung over), and paid particular attention to Pitcher, who is on loan at Barnet at the moment. Have to say, he didn't look half bad. OK, it was only against Woking, but he was full of running. Got forward at every opportunity, kept possession, passed it well, and whipped in a peach of a cross to lay it on a plate for Grazioli, who then proceeded to make a right pigs ear of it and headed wide.

On that showing, I'd much rather see Chippy and Pitcher in the centre of our midfield than Chippy and Oatway/Rehmann.
Bring him back, Mark.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I can't work out what Pitcher has done wrong, unless part of his fee was on a pay per play basis. He was the last player that we paid cash for, and that was about 3 years ago.

Having said that Adams, Taylor, Hinshelwood, Coppell and now McGhee have been happy for him to rot in the reserves, so perhaps they know more than we do

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I saw the second half. By then, Pitcher had unfortunately had to go off, injured. However, the commentators had been impressed with him and said that, had he remained on, he would have been a likely contender for man of the match.

BTW Jamie Campbell was playing for Woking. Wasn't he out of football for a while? I seem to remember him being in trouble forpunching the manager, or someone, at Exeter.

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
I remember seeing Pitcher come on as a sub against Tranmere (away) a couple of seasons ago, and he looked quite useful.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
El Presidente said:
I can't work out what Pitcher has done wrong, unless part of his fee was on a pay per play basis. He was the last player that we paid cash for, and that was about 3 years ago.

Having said that Adams, Taylor, Hinshelwood, Coppell and now McGhee have been happy for him to rot in the reserves, so perhaps they know more than we do

Didn't we pay cash for Leon ???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No cash paid for Leon unless we are promoted. You can picture the scenes now, Albion get to the play-off final at Cardiff and the 40,000 stripes fans who turn up are slightly bemused to find a strike force of Anne Widdicombe and Sid Little, with one of the Chuckle brothers in goal (no change there then some of you will say) as Uncle Dick tries to avoid shelling out £100,000 to Chelsea

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
saw the 1st half if he had stayed on he would have got man of the match.managers take a lot from how hard a player trains are puts into training maybe he just does'nt show it enough to get a chance but does when he playing.
but he did look useful at that level?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I saw it as well and yes he did look useful. But guys, we're talking about the Conference, just because someone's good at that level doesn't mean they'd be a good player for us.

Having said that I would like to see him given a run in our team, like others have said I don't think he's had a fair crack of the whip.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He has found his level and should stick there he is not a patch on Yeates, Chippy, Hart, Jones, Piercey or Rehman so where would he play for us on the bench sitting next to Oatway and hopefully neither coming on. The aim is to win games and please most of the fans not individual fans.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i always thought he was a good player, just never got the chance

where is he now?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Brightonfan1983 said:
Didn't Piercy retire?

yes - but the original posts on this thread are from some years back

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
What's funny is that everyone is going on about how we need someone better to partner Chippy, with Charlie on the bench. This was when we were in division 2 and the same Charlie is now a certain starter and club captain.

:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here