Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Announcing the Inaugural Premier League Wordle Trophy

With thanks to @Bodian for the initial idea.

So this will be a 40+ game competition with Wordle scores on the day of an Albion First Team game added together from now until May 2025.

Then positions in the table based upon lowest score (then number of 1s, 2s,3s etc to split players on the same points).

League games are scored as 7 for a fail, and 10 for a no result posted.
Cup games will be scored double (i.e a 4 on a League Cup day counts as 8 to the Wordle table)

I will make the assumption that all players who post on Saturday are in the competition (unless they indicate otherwise).

I will look to do a cup competition during the International break, and will keep the overall and 2024 score trackers going.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Announcing the Inaugural Premier League Wordle Trophy

With thanks to @Bodian for the initial idea.

So this will be a 40+ game competition with Wordle scores on the day of an Albion First Team game added together from now until May 2025.

Then positions in the table based upon lowest score (then number of 1s, 2s,3s etc to split players on the same points).

League games are scored as 7 for a fail, and 10 for a no result posted.
Cup games will be scored double (i.e a 4 on a League Cup day counts as 8 to the Wordle table)

I will make the assumption that all players who post on Saturday are in the competition (unless they indicate otherwise).

I will look to do a cup competition during the International break, and will keep the overall and 2024 score trackers going.
Can you mark me down as in a field next Sat (24th)!! Getting a phone signal is very hit & miss there. My streak is currently at 284 & I'm so worried about my streak getting broken due to circumstances beyond my control that I'm going to give someone my account details & try by text!! πŸ˜‚ If I post next Sat it's me, if I don't then no internet available & I've told my Wordle account guardian to just get it at turn 6 by asking my daily competitor the answer. Completely fine to mark me as a 7 for a fail if I can't post but I'll feel aggrieved to be deducted 10. πŸ˜‚ I do love these comps, so thank you. πŸ™‚

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Almost an inspired / flukey 2, but a tap in 3 instead
Wordle 1,153 3/6
⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wordle 1,153 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

judging by other results so far, a feeble 4…… but very quick!

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Wordle 1,153 4/6

⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A frustrating 4, mainly because my 3rd guess is a much better word than the answer.

Played 935
Streak 673
Average 3.75

2024 Average 3.68

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Wordle 1,153 3/6*

⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Forgot to post the last two days, 3 on Tuesday, 5 yesterday. I blame work but since moving into my 60s a couple of weeks ago, my mental acuity seems to have declined. Welcome to the future…

Current streak 52
Played 943
Average 3.84
Best streak 235

Current streak 52
Played 228
Average 3.54
Best streak 111

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here