Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Stats so far: 4*3, 12*4 and 3*5 for an average of 3.31. I also had a single 2, but that happened on my phone and isn't included in my overall stats.
Think you might want to look at your maths again...that's an average of 3.95.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
3 today takes my average to 4.05
Played 20 won 20
Only got the last letter on 1st guess

xxxxG
xGGGG
GGGGG

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Average of 3.9

Should be better but I didn't get one on 27th Dec, I'd been up all night watching cricket and drunk many beers. I've added a 6 for that go because it's not included in the stats. Ruined my bloody average :angry:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Think you might want to look at your maths again...that's an average of 3.95.

3.85 if you add in the win in 2 guesses.

After a good start, my average is a disappointing 4.2 after 3 sixes in the last week. Still no failures in 15 games though :)

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Average of 3.9

Should be better but I didn't get one on 27th Dec, I'd been up all night watching cricket and drunk many beers. I've added a 6 for that go because it's not included in the stats. Ruined my bloody average :angry:

A pedant writes that you should count a fail as more than 6 (it's obvs worse than getting it right in 6), I'd suggest a 10 :p

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Wordle 206 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Getting the last letter right today helps

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Absolutely DELIGHTED to announce my first 3 today, at the 17th time of asking. Got a bit lucky on second guess.

Wordle 206 3/6

��⬛⬛��⬛
������⬛��
����������

Streak still going strong, and that brings the average down to 4.35.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A pedant writes that you should count a fail as more than 6 (it's obvs worse than getting it right in 6), I'd suggest a 10 :p

I’d argue when your streak ends, your average goes with it. But then I would say that as I’m still on a streak of 17 with no fails…

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Quickest one yet as only took about a minute. Much easier now I have a few opening gambit words in my locker

Wordle 206 3/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Same here with the gambit words. Always start with the same one but ended up with only one letter (in the wrong place) after the first two but with most vowels etc. ruled out.
Was pretty happy to get it on the 3rd attempt

On a side note - how are people getting the image of their attempts in the coloured boxes? Am I being even more dense than when I forgot that Tiger was a word last week?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Same here with the gambit words. Always start with the same one but ended up with only one letter (in the wrong place) after the first two but with most vowels etc. ruled out.

On a side note - how are people getting the image of their attempts in the coloured boxes? Am I being even more dense than when I forgot that Tiger was a word last week?

See post below much easier.

Last edited:

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

I know there is an explanation in #364 but all I did today was hit share, on the results page you are shown on completion, and pasted in the reply post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here