Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Sounds ghastly. And I suspect that none of us has gone 'ooh, hard mode. I'll have a slice of that!'

:facepalm:

:lolol:

I always use all the uncovered letters in each subsequent attempt anyway, even though I don't have hard mode turned on. I can't see why that wouldn't be the most efficient way of playing

Played 10, wins 10
3 guesses x5
4 guesses x4
5 guesses x1

Average = 3.6

The 5 guesses one was ABBEY, the discovery that a letter can be used more than once!!!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I always use all the uncovered letters in each subsequent attempt anyway, even though I don't have hard mode turned on. I can't see why that wouldn't be the most efficient way of playing

Played 10, wins 10
3 guesses x5
4 guesses x4
5 guesses x1

Average = 3.6

The 5 guesses one was ABBEY, the discovery that a letter can be used more than once!!!!

Quite.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sounds ghastly. And I suspect that none of us has gone 'ooh, hard mode. I'll have a slice of that!'
A
:facepalm:

:lolol:

I have not switched on hard mode as I am not going to cheat, and not using letters you have already got is basically cheating isn’t it? :wink:

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019

Played 10, wins 10
3 guesses x5
4 guesses x4
5 guesses x1

Average = 3.6

Abbey and Three are my two fails.
I made the mistake both times in waiting to play at midnight after drinking.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My worst outcome, a 6, was my first attempt. It took 2 or 3 goes after that to stop doing the really dumb things: retrying a letter that has already been labeled white, and putting a letter labeled yellow back in the same place it had previously been labelled yellow. :thumbsup:

That's what I did today. I couldn't believe I did it. :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Abbey and Three are my two fails.
I made the mistake both times in waiting to play at midnight after drinking.

I have made the mistake of not doing that a few times :wink:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Choose “Go Advanced” when you are posting and paste it and it comes out as the coloured squares. If I edit the post it goes back to black question marks though

I’d like to know how to posts stats without showing most of the first attempt at the top
Brilliant. That works! Many thanks.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Choose “Go Advanced” when you are posting and paste it and it comes out as the coloured squares. If I edit the post it goes back to black question marks though

I’d like to know how to posts stats without showing most of the first attempt at the top

Crop the picture before posting. Or you could colour over it.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I have not switched on hard mode as I am not going to cheat, and not using letters you have already got is basically cheating isn’t it? :wink:

Is it cheating? Because you are wasting a guess, a bit like guessing letters again that you already have wrong, would that be ‘very hard’ difficulty if you weren’t allowed to do that too?

Anyway after 30 games I have an average of 4.03 with one fail, three 2’s and a current win streak of 15.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
NSC Patron
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Wordle220122.png

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
How many? 7 for a fail.

I got 64.15 at first :lolol: I still don't know how I got that, even after looking at the calculation on my phone and trying to do it again...

Re-did it properly and it was a much more respectable 4.2!

I've had 20 efforts, current streak is 17.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
On another note, is anyone keeping track of what the words are every day, to see if there is a message/pattern in them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here