Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
NSC Patron
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Wordle220116.png

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Wordle 211 4/6

����⬜⬜��
������⬜⬜
⬜��������
����������

4 today, average 3.727

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
4d2ff20a4b01db59f8b90d5bc07ea3fd.jpg

Believe this makes my average 3.941. Discovering that has made me want to keep my average that side of 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
4 (after boozin all afternoon)

I’ve noticed that booze certainly impacts the mental cognition required to solve these little puzzles (especially when the answer happens to be spelled with American English!). If anyone is finding things too easy than I would suggest that a couple of cans of Kestrel make for an excellent handicapping method.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are people working out their average, or is there a way that wordle does it for you?

I can send you an excel spreadsheet if you need one. PM me :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’ve noticed that booze certainly impacts the mental cognition required to solve these little puzzles (especially when the answer happens to be spelled with American English!). If anyone is finding things too easy than I would suggest that a couple of cans of Kestrel make for an excellent handicapping method.

I once did an online IQ test after necking a bottle of red. Scored 165. Ten more than I got when I'd previously done it sober. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I once did an online IQ test after necking a bottle of red. Scored 165. Ten more than I got when I'd previously done it sober. :facepalm:

I find there's a bit of a bell curve with booze and matters of intelligence and co-ordination. I'm definitely better at things like pool, darts and ping pong after three or four pints; much worse after seven or eight, as you can imagine.

Thinking back to my early twenties, I even used to drink a couple of cans before playing football on a Saturday morning as I did it once to try and 'hair of the dog' my way out of a hangover (not fun as an industrial centre-half playing at a level where the ball spends a LOT of time in the air) and I had the game of my life. Probably not a great piece of advice to give to aspiring amateur footballers, nor is it a methodology I'd recommend extending to driving.

Kids these days; I imagine it's smashed avocado on toast and a nice cold glass of kombucha before they march out onto the turf. Boo them and their healthy livers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here