Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bit of a struggle again

4AD49AA6-3B90-4C29-8E5C-FC7A79A43374.jpeg

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Wordle 203 5/6

⬜⬜��⬜��
⬜������⬜
⬜��������
⬜��������
οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½
I had three words in mind and it was the last one
Bugger
Very similar here, was one letter away (first letter) with my second guess, ended up getting it in 5 through similar misfortune :facepalm: :lolol:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
My first fail. Very frustrating.

XGGXX
GGGXX
GGGXX
GGGXX
GGGXX
GGGXX

Got the first three letters after 2 goes, and failed because my guesses were wrong. That's life I guess. Sometimes it's not fair, but still aggravating.
This is why using a new word to rule in/out 4 or 5 letters is optimal strategy and outlawed in hard mode...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Wordle 203 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜��⬜����
οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½

Been playing since Christmas, got my eye in now so getting quite a few 3s.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
My first fail. Very frustrating.

XGGXX
GGGXX
GGGXX
GGGXX
GGGXX
GGGXX

Got the first three letters after 2 goes, and failed because my guesses were wrong. That's life I guess. Sometimes it's not fair, but still aggravating.

That's ridiculously unlucky. I'm struggling to think of five other words beginning with the first three green ones, yet with totally different two letter endings each time. So - I would take it as a compliment to your vocabulary myself!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I have it set to hard mode.
Interesting. I wouldn't have thought many people have done that.

I like the option of trying something optimal on turn 4 rather than guessing between equally likely possibilities...

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
5 today, including a very long think between guesses 2 and 3

XYXYY
GYYXX
GXGGX
GXGGX
GGGGG

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The only criticism of this site I have is that you can't have an account. My stats are spread across this laptop and my work PC. But who though such a simple game could be so addictive? Basically a version of that quiz show with Mr Khan.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
The only criticism of this site I have is that you can't have an account. My stats are spread across this laptop and my work PC. But who though such a simple game could be so addictive? Basically a version of that quiz show with Mr Khan.

I use this to my advantage, takes me on average 4-5 attempts on my iPad and left feeling think as mince, so straight onto the phone and get it first go every time, which is genius. (so it tells me)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here