Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

How on earth have you managed to get an average of 3.44 when starting with words as bad as today's?! I mean, it's obviously the right word, but thinking about tactics (and trying not to give any spoilers), it's a really bad first guess.

A better than 1 in 20 hit rate for holes in one is pretty spectacular considering the odds are about 1 in 2500 (depending on which source regarding how many words are in the Wordle database you look at).

Any chance you can let everyone know Saturday's lottery numbers? :lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bogey 5
36/36
140/36 = 3.89 avg

One of those days where you sacrifice fewest letters for keeping the run going.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
NSC Patron
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Wordle220329.png

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
How on earth have you managed to get an average of 3.44 when starting with words as bad as today's?! I mean, it's obviously the right word, but thinking about tactics (and trying not to give any spoilers), it's a really bad first guess.

A better than 1 in 20 hit rate for holes in one is pretty spectacular considering the odds are about 1 in 2500 (depending on which source regarding how many words are in the Wordle database you look at).

I think James Randi must be turning in his grave.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I’m not sure this is the most honest thread on the boards. :p:moo::dunky:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There are no rules to Wordle so cheating is not possible..........................each to their own :shrug:

The first rule of Wordle; is don't talk about Wordle.
The second rule of Wordle; is don't talk about Wordle.
The third rule of Worldle; if someone yells stop, goes limp, or taps out, then Wordle is over.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

3 holes in one from 50-odd guesses is remarkable. I've bagged one from nearly 100.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Very happy with a 3 today. I'm desperately trying to stay out of the comments regarding statistical probabilities - I will get myself into a lot of trouble :)

Wordle 283 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Streak=97, average=3.81

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Three holes in one in 57 goes is achieved, according to your odds, by one person in 274,122,807.

Mrs T just muttered 'I smell bullshit' :lolol:

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
NSC Patron
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Mellotron said in the middle of January that it would be interesting to see a table of players averages and I took it upon myself to produce a daily league table. I have kept quiet about some of the dubious posts that have been put up, a good example is the one from Trigaaar a few days ago that suddenly appeared with an average of 3.42 that took them to the top of the table instantly, there has not been an update for five days.

I see players constantly posting 2's and 3's every day, some have even mentioned that they saw something on the internet that day and scored a 2. I believe that there are far too many people who have legitimately scored a one considering the unlikely possibility of it happening.

This post might annoy some people but I just thought it was time that I put across my feelings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here