Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Now I'm clear of spoilers, I'd like to give a word of thanks to my trusty driver - my go-to club off the tee, which has brought me laughs, frustration (I'm still bitter about sha*e) and then yesterday's ace!

FA0B7C88-EE50-43D8-9154-BB78E3118174.jpeg

She was still the first club out of the bag on the tee this morning, even though there was no chance of the same word twice in a row (though they'll probably do that sometime, won't they?).

A 3 for me today. Average 3.76, current streak 33

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Something that's been niggling me for a while..... Isn't the 'easy' mode more skillful than the 'hard' mode? In instances such as MJsGhost's second example above, the hard mode leaves you no option but to guess, whereas in the easy mode you can use skill to rule out letters by using 'sacrifice' words. So the hard mode is only hard because it replaces the skill of deduction with the lottery of guessing. Weird.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Something that's been niggling me for a while..... Isn't the 'easy' mode more skillful than the 'hard' mode? In instances such as MJsGhost's second example above, the hard mode leaves you no option but to guess, whereas in the easy mode you can use skill to rule out letters by using 'sacrifice' words. So the hard mode is only hard because it replaces the skill of deduction with the lottery of guessing. Weird.

Having the opportunity to whittle down the options through guesses not including the yellows & greens already uncovered DOES make it easier to avoid a fail, whereas hard mode does make it a lottery in some instances (like my shake fail).

It's definitely harder, but I agree that it seems weird that 'harder' means relying on luck rather than requiring more skill.

Where more skill is required, is thinking up guesses which cover the most letters to rule in/out AND still re-use the green(s) & yellow(s) in the preceding guess AND are valid words. It's only where 4 tiles are green/yellow that guesswork kicks in.

I remain BITTER about sha*e :rant:

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
1st chance to average below 4.
but 5 today
Average 4.01
Streak 89 100%

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Now I'm clear of spoilers, I'd like to give a word of thanks to my trusty driver - my go-to club off the tee, which has brought me laughs, frustration (I'm still bitter about sha*e) and then yesterday's ace!

View attachment 146256

She was still the first club out of the bag on the tee this morning, even though there was no chance of the same word twice in a row (though they'll probably do that sometime, won't they?).

A 3 for me today. Average 3.76, current streak 33

THEIR GRIMY PRICK has a certain poetry to it!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The problem is that there were two words, that were wrong, that I preferred before I got it :smile:

Blind prejudice. Wordism rears its ugly head! Down with this sort of thing……

But I know exactly what you mean from past experience:):)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Three today – a bit of a fluke caused by using a word to get an idea of possible letters!

Ave: 3.79
Streak: 75

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Wordle 276 2/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
����������

34 average 3.74

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
FFS.

Eagle chance but it turned into a bogey as my 6ft putts kept missing!!

Wordle 276 5/6

[emoji833]🟩🟩[emoji833][emoji833]
[emoji833]🟩🟩[emoji833][emoji833]
🟩🟩🟩[emoji833][emoji833]
🟩🟩🟩[emoji833]🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Ggrrrrr

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here