Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

rbridd

Aug 9, 2005
Regressing to the mean with a 5 today.
97f37d04be962865d3bf24afcc4ac8c5.jpg

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
I expected a lot more of this today...
[MENTION=4361]Shirty[/MENTION] how many of the 7 equally likely consonants for box one were still in play on your 3rd shot..?

Someone, somewhere, today will have 4 greens on line 1 and still end up with a blob... [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Most, if not all of them !

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Wordle 226 2/6

⬜��⬜⬜⬜
����������

absolute luck

edit- not sure how to embed, anyway I got todays in 2 having got just one correct letter on the first

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011
Got a 3 today. Average creeps back down to 3.39.

My mum got it on her first guess!
747b057128134e8a7c47dbebbe909ade.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I had a weird one today. Started playing yesterday but had to go out before I'd finished, when I got home didn't get round to re-booting my computer so just assumed it would break my current streak by missing a day. Opening it up today & there was yesterday's half finished puzzle!!! Finished it off, closed down & re-opened thinking I'd get today's new word, no same completed puzzle. Does that mean I'll be 24 hours behind everyone else tomorrow or will I just miss out on today's word?

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I had a weird one today. Started playing yesterday but had to go out before I'd finished, when I got home didn't get round to re-booting my computer so just assumed it would break my current streak by missing a day. Opening it up today & there was yesterday's half finished puzzle!!! Finished it off, closed down & re-opened thinking I'd get today's new word, no same completed puzzle. Does that mean I'll be 24 hours behind everyone else tomorrow or will I just miss out on today's word?

Sounds to me like you’ve ripped the fabric of the space-time continuum, dooming us all to a fate of being hoovered up by a supermassive black hole.

So thanks for that, thank you very much…:facepalm:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Got into two today. I'd never have done so if I hadn't been given a massive help from Twitter, thanks to people posting their efforts. I couldn't unsee them so pretty much had it nailed straight away

My average is now 3,81

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
I think most would prefer a spolier-free thread. I avoid looking until after I've played but it'd be annoying to inadvertently stumble upon the answer.

Yes, tables and averages are meaningless if some are looking at hints and spoilers on social media before playing.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yes, tables and averages are meaningless if some are looking at hints and spoilers on social media before playing.

I don't look for hints or spoilers: I don't do a search for hints, I don't look at this thread before doing it but if someone pretty much tells me an answer, I can't unsee it

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
What has that got to do with what people post in this thread?

Anyone who wants to cheat only has to take 3 seconds and Google "today's Wordle solution"....?

The only thing that needs to happen to allow keen players to discuss openly on here is for those same keen players to avoid accidentally entering this thread expecting it to be a work meeting.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If you’ve cheated to get the answer it should be a 7. I never look at anything before playing that’s why my average is 4.14. :D

This looks like a cheat.

Wordle 226 3/6

[emoji833]🟨[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]🟨[emoji833]
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

But it’s an inspired guess!

[emoji4]

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The line in your post that revealed today’s word was only the second time it’s happened in over 2000 posts. The overwhelming majority of people don’t do it, so I don’t think it’s unreasonable to conclude that they would prefer others not to as well.

However, if the consensus was that doing so was ok for this thread, I would of course leave well alone. But you didn’t seek consensus, you just went ahead with no reference to the way that the thread has developed. That’s why I deleted that line, with no other sanction or criticism.

What do others think? Is it ok to reveal that day’s word before midnight? I’d be genuinely interested as the point MG raises is valid. I’d be especially interested in the OP’s opinion [MENTION=17447]Bakero[/MENTION] and the score-keeper’s [MENTION=16461]The Brighton Bear[/MENTION]

No, of course not. It's a bit different to trying to avoid, say the result of a football match – it's EASY to not reveal the word on the given day.

I don't know why anyone would go out of their way to post it, apart from to be a bit of an arse to anyone else who might see it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here