Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else more interested in the Championship Playoff final than the CL Final?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
That's it isn't it. The game is no longer about teams getting the opportunity to play at the highest level, move themselves on and up in the game, for future glory. You'd struggle to hear a single mention of things like that all day, but every other sentence will talk about the financial wealth (and debt opportunities!!!) that winning the game will bring.

Modern football is all about £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££, and that's a shame.

Totally agree. And they could change their club forever - they could go bust, although I see Cardiff nearly are already!!

Would love Blackpool to win as it would be a great story, but if they do, I hope that they have a chairman with exceptional financial nous.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Made plans to watch the play off the same can't be said of the champions league final, which don't belong on a Saturday anyway

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Not the only one, watching the Play off final at a mates, then watching CL with dozen or so others. Far more intersted in the Champioship play offs... but might have a tipple on the CL to make it a bit more interesting this evening.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'm going to bet on the CL final but not on the playoffs. Its just too close to call for me. Potentially a super game!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Championship final has plenty of previous for being a cracking game. Despite Sky's endless cliches relating to the value of the game to the winners.

Well there are 50 million reasons why victory today is so important. :smile:

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
Afternoon soccerfest;
C'mon Cardiff; first half watching in the pub then phone updates as Tomo's cup final kicks off at 4 pm at the Franchise Stadium;
C'mon woodside rovers
and C'mon Jose for the evening entertainment

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Looking forword to both to be honest but i think the championship play off is better than the fa cup final!

The play off final may be more exciting in terms of the actual match, but it is certainly not more important than the FA cup final.

Surely winning a trophy is better for fans than a team finishing 6th earning a shed load of cash.

To answer the original question, looking forward to both games.

Blackpool & Inter for me.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
much prefer the playoff final, and as neither team has been in the PL before ti will be interesting, i will be cheering on the pool

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Well there are 50 million reasons why victory today is so important. :smile:

Which will just about cover the debt Cardiff have run up trying to get there.

C'mon Blackpool, the Premiership doesn't need another financially irresponsible club like Cardiff!!!!!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Play off final.......but I think I'll just finish reading my book in the garden. It's such a nice day. :)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Unless an English club is in Europe I have no interest, even then I usually want the English club to lose!:lol:

I just don't like any team other than the Albion being successful, apart from England of course!

All very sad but :shrug:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
That's it isn't it. The game is no longer about teams getting the opportunity to play at the highest level, move themselves on and up in the game, for future glory. You'd struggle to hear a single mention of things like that all day, but every other sentence will talk about the financial wealth (and debt opportunities!!!) that winning the game will bring.

Modern football is all about £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££, and that's a shame.

I agree that SKY etal are all about that but I think you are being a bit unfair on the players in this and previous play off finals. I reckon these guys want this for the simple fact it means they'll get to play in the top flight. I think that's one reason it often turns out to be a great game. That and the higher mistake factor.

this year's first half was a classic. Brilliant stuff.

SeagullSi

Jan 10, 2010
Only just saw this but having watched both the championship playoff final was more entertaining and is most years. Inter were dominant and too strong for bayern but it didnt make for a very good game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here