Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anyone else going to watch the England game ONLY if Moder is playing

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why not watch? the last couple of games have been like watching us play a couple of months back. All of the possession, lots of sideways and backwards passing across the defence, thirty attempts on goal in the first game with a low conversion rate. The only thing we didn't have was a Harry Kane to rescue us.

Yes I am being tongue in cheek, we have improved.

Edit: How Mings gets in the team/squad in front of Dunk is beyond me.

My mate Bob, the Liverpudlian with whom I watch telly football, pulled me up on that recently (when I compared England to us). He's now doing a 'thing' with our mate Dave to see when I'll first mention Brighton during a non-Brighton telly game, and how many mentions I'll give them.

Just because we beat them? Yes, yes it is :laugh::facepalm::cool:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I didn’t bother with the last two and probably won’t with this either. I might start watching again when Southgate has gone.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You're not welcome here. Don't you know it's the trendy thing to boast that you don't support your country! People use any number of excuses to justify themselves.

Personally, I equate it to Brighton, when their good I support them and when they're poor I support them. Enjoyment and frustration are part and parcel of being a footie fan.

I deliberately started a new thread so as not to pollute the Internationals one in fairness :smile:

I was paying so much attention that I thought that the England game was tonight too :dunce:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeah, relax, take the night off and prepare to watch your boys against the Faroe Islands tomorrow night, in what will probably be your Cup Final :lolol:

It always seems unfair to Scotland that they always have to play all the Faroe Islands at once. If only they could play them one at a time .............................

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The standard I hate England posters are out.

I dont think Southgate is the best in the world many international bosses arent. More money in club football these days. Yes i think Dunk should have got more of a chance a couple of years back but our players will get a chance if we push top 10.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I would need a cast iron guarantee that whoever the despicable ******* was that decided an England match in an empty stadium needed the dirge of those Massive England band numpties piped into the poor viewers earlobes has been hung drawn and quartered and their entrails are currently festooned above the sound desk as a warning to their replacement.
Then I might consider it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This is the only England world cup qualifier match I am likely to watch live as it's the only England game in our group that's likely to be vaguely competitive ... not bothered if Moder plays.

Hungary are no pushovers these days.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
England have lost just one of 49 games in Euro and World Cup Qualifiers. We are GIANTS of World football :wink:

And still I don’t give a shit :shrug:

When are the teams announced?

Seem to remember that was a dead rubber in the Ukraine too.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You lot can watch what you like, it's our first rugby training session for months and nothing's going to make me miss it. I wouldn't even tune in if Jesus Christ came back to earth and lined up in midfield for us,

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You lot can watch what you like, it's our first rugby training session for months and nothing's going to make me miss it. I wouldn't even tune in if Jesus Christ came back to earth and lined up in midfield for us,

I am guessing that you have a son/relative into rugby? NOTHING beats watching your kid playing rugby, especially in a half decent team. Mine used to play for Hove Minis, great days, I miss them

Or are YOU in training?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
What time?
What channel?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I am guessing that you have a son/relative into rugby? NOTHING beats watching your kid playing rugby, especially in a half decent team. Mine used to play for Hove Minis, great days, I miss them

Or are YOU in training?

Ha,ha. No, my rugby days are behind me. My daughter used to play (she was good, represented Sussex) but she's given up but I qualified as a coach a few years back and decided to stick with the rest of the girls as I enjoyed it. This is at Hove too - it's a good little club.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I wont be watching because I have my first 5 a side game in 3 months so looking forward to a rusty kickabout about followed by a swift bottle of beer.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Would be far more interested if Moder plays. Wish I’d watched all the Belgium match today - Trossard time:albion2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll be watching because its England and I'm english. All you slagging-off merchants "its boring blah blah" will be tuning right in for the Finals if we make the World Cup.

Its akin to only watching BHA when its the Playoffs, or when we're playing Man U or Liverpool.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Have you not seen the other thread? Not only does it look like we'll get Aguero but there are moves afoot to sign the Messi(ah) from Barca on a free.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'll be watching because its England and I'm english. All you slagging-off merchants "its boring blah blah" will be tuning right in for the Finals if we make the World Cup.

Its akin to only watching BHA when its the Playoffs, or when we're playing Man U or Liverpool.

I’ll tune into the WC Finals whether England are there (they clearly will be) or not. Having no interest in England football is not something to be embarrassed about either. I don’t watch the cricket or rugby league. Absolutely nothing to do with being boring, just doesn’t do it for me. Yes it would be great if England won the WC, of course it would but would it feel like Albion winning the League or a Cup? Nope, not for me :shrug:

You guys go ahead and enjoy it, I will only watch if the Albion player is playing for Poland. Crucify me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here