Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else get a bit emotional reading the messages from other clubs to DPM?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Love the sign idea

However, couldn't we get a bit cheeky and begin our conquests of lucrative overseas supporters markets with the quote..

'Manchester United supports Brighton and Hove Albion.' - Manchester United

just so they know who the bigger club is like;)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
mmm, the costs for the design and specification would be all in my own time and free. To make a decent fist of the sign we are looking at a budget of 5-10K. I speak from experience, this type of work is my companys stock in trade. I'm sure my company would do a preferential rate for their no. 1 salesman, and even a mention on the sign would help a bit.

I think the best thing is that for now, once we have the permission, I'll make a temporary (albiet proffessionally designed and manufactured) sign to put up at Withdean, that will cost less than £100.

Then I will have plenty of time to design and spec a permanent sign for Falmer, we can all vote on a number of designs on here and if the concensus is positive we can put it to the club. Let's face it, we're a little way off that yet, but it would be a fitting tribute to all our supporters from the Football fraternity in England.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Somehow this thread has shown up as a similar one to the 'Cannabis' thread?

Has anything happened with this in the end? I don't remember it at the time but having read through I think it'd still be a quality idea! If its not been discussed I guess it would need to be implemented fairly soon if we're due to start building at the end of the year

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Over four years later and I still think a sign would be a great idea but at the very least these comments should be displayed in the proposed museum at Falmer.

Superphil is still around, maybe he knows more about if the club ever got approached about a sign?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here