Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else get a bit emotional reading the messages from other clubs to DPM?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Not sure if this full list has been put on here already but reading some of them really brings a lump to the throat. Is it just me?

Reading
Reading Football Club are strongly behind Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club's proposed move to a new Community Stadium at Falmer. All football clubs are at the heart of their communities and the life blood they provide should not be denied.

Each individual football club is a vital part of our historic national game, a point proved by the rising attendances at Football League matches up & down the country over the past few years.

The English Football League would be a much poorer place without the presence of Brighton & Hove Albion FC.

Mansfield Town
A football club is at the heart of communities up and down the country. We at Mansfield support the plans for a new community stadium in Brighton & Hove.

AFC Bournemouth
AFC Bournemouth offer their full support to Brighton and Hove Albion's fight to build a new stadium at Falmer. We wish them all the best in securing their future as soon as possible.

Chesterfield
We support Brighton's plans for a new stadium. It is clearly in the national interest for every town and city to have a stadium fit for the 21st century.

Plymouth Argyle
Plymouth Argyle wish to lend their support to Brighton and Hove Albion's campaign for a new stadium at Falmer. We believe that a network of top class sporting facilities is of national importance.

Doncaster Rovers
Our supporters have a great rapport with Brighton fans. Brighton & Hove clearly needs a new stadium and it is in the national interest to approve it.

Leeds United
Leeds United Football Club fully support Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. with their plans to construct a new stadium at Falmer. The future of the national game will rely heavily on a healthy and prosperous professional league played at first class sporting venues. Please let "The Seagulls" continue to fly with sporting pride at Falmer.

Bristol Rovers
The directors, players and staff of Bristol Rovers Football Club support Brighton & Hove Albion in their quest to remain part of our National Game by securing the club's future in a new Community Stadium at Falmer.

QPR
Support Albion in their quest for a new Community Stadium. They are an integral part of the national game.

Sheffield Wednesday
We urge you to give your backing to Brighton & Hove Albion in this decision of vital importance for English football.

Burnley FC
This is with the full support of Burnley FC, whose Number 1 fan Alistair Campbell was alongside the Prime Minister when this country strongly made a bid for the 2006 World Cup - because this was in the national interest of the country.

Darlington
Darlington FC Support Brighton & Hove Albion in their endeavors to secure their future.

Blackburn
Best wishes for your future from Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

Brentford
Professional football clubs and a modern stadium are of national interest - and offer major benefits to local communities. We urge you to support the proposal for a new stadium at Falmer for Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club.

Oldham
Football means so much to local communities and is an integral part of the fabric of the country. Brighton must be allowed to move to Falmer.

Watford
Good luck from everyone at Watford AFC.

Preston
Preston North End offer their support for the continuation of League Football in Sussex.

Lincoln City
Lincoln City as a community club offer their support.

Chelsea
Chelsea Football Club ask that you approve the plans for Brighton & Hove Albion's new stadium at Falmer, and wish the club well in its endeavours.

Arsenal
Brighton & Hove Albion are an integral part of our national game and of the community of Brighton and Hove. We ask you to support their application for a new stadium at Falmer.

Cardiff City
We in Cardiff know that a city needs a modern stadium, not only for the benefit of Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club, but also for the community it serves so well.

Wigan Athletic
We appeal to Mr Prescott to understand that southern communities are as important, and precious, as Northern ones.

West Ham
We are fighting for promotion. You are fighting for something much more important. We are with you.

Torquay Utd
We are all together on this and our thoughts are with you.

Swindon Town
The Seagulls and the Robins are both part of the football community. We hope that Mr Prescott allows us to fly on together.

Port Vale
We back your fight for life and ask the Deputy Prime Minister to do the same, for the sake of the people of Sussex.

Manchester Utd
In their communities, all teams are as important as the very biggest ones. Manchester United supports Brighton and Hove Albion.

Ipswich
The only team in Suffolk supports the only team in Sussex in its appeal for life.

Millwall
Millwall is proud to be a community club - and we are proud to be part of the national football community, with Brighton and 90 others.

Liverpool
We support you in your most important fixture ever. You can do it – after all, you've beaten us more than once!

Southampton
We ask for your support for Brighton & Hove Albion's new Community Stadium at Falmer. A new permanent home has so many benefits not just for the Club and football within Sussex, but also for the community, which clubs serve so well.

York
As a club which has gone through its' fair share of ground turmoil we know only to well that having a suitable base on which to build the club's future is vital to our National Game.

Best wishes to Brighton & Hove F.C from all York City F.C

Wrexham
We cannot afford to lose Brighton & Hove Albion.

Crewe
Crewe recognises that Brighton FC plays an important role in the national game and needs appropriate facilities for the future.

WBA
Support from the other Albion, anything that effects the national league is of national importance.

Spurs
Tottenham Hotspur understands that a new stadium is crucial to the future of Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club. We therefore urge you to do all you can to help them with this project, so that their long-term future as an integral part of our National Game can be secured.

Hartlepool United
Any politician who supports community values must support you in your hour
of need. Good luck!

Middlesbrough
Of course we back your appeal! The Premiership cannot survive without wonderful old clubs like Brighton.

Luton Town
We're playing you this week but we fear it may be the last time unless Mr
Prescott says yes. We appeal to him to do so.

Carlisle
We are hundreds of miles apart, but football brings us together. Please, John, don't destroy this.

Swansea
You have been homeless too long. We support the Albion's efforts on behalf of its community.

Scunthorpe Utd
If you are unsuccessful in your appeal it will no longer be the 'nationwide league'. Good luck!

Northampton Town
We are a small town with a new stadium. We cannot believe that a city like Brighton should have nothing. We are all behind you.

Huddersfield Town
Our community has been strengthened by a new stadium. We back your appeal to be given the same advantages. It is so deserved.

Bury
The Football League without Brighton would be incomplete. For the sake of the national football community we implore the DPM to support you.

Kidderminster Harriers
League football has brought our community together. We appeal to Mr Prescott not to let yours be torn apart.

Boston United
As one of the newest members of the league we support your struggle at this difficult time.

Blackpool
The Labour Party have never held a conference in a town without a football club. We appeal to John Prescott to ensure it never will.

Grimsby Town
Lincolnshire has four clubs. It is unthinkable that Sussex should have none. We back your fight for your community.

Leyton Orient
We have had many battles in the past, but this time we are on the same side.

Leicester City
Brighton have fought back against terrible odds. For the sake of your community we implore the DPM not to destroy your efforts.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Very moving. It would be a great gesture to repay these clubs for helping us as I mentioned in another thread.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Excellent responses all round :clap2: :clap2:

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Bald Gull said:

Northampton Town
We are a small town with a new stadium. We cannot believe that a city like Brighton should have nothing. We are all behind you.

Nice to see that someone listens to our songs:lolol:

I bet the locals would love that one!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Do you have any others?

I haven't seen any of the messages apart from what you can glimpse from the photos

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Its nice that so many are very original, and draw links between our club and theirs. Its also heartening that some of the longest and best messages are from some of the biggest clubs - ManU, Leeds, Spurs - as inevitably anybodies eye gets drawn to these.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think those messages should be stored. When we get Falmer a sign should be printed with all those messages on and installed at the away fans entrance.

Respect

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Superphil said:
I think those messages should be stored. When we get Falmer a sign should be printed with all those messages on and installed at the away fans entrance.

Respect

That is an excellent idea - let's do it

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Blackpool's reply: I hope we do not have to wait until September for Prescott's decision?

Think about it !

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Superphil said:

Respect

Agreed

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Agreed. Would be a great idea. Presumably someone at the club will have all the responses stored somewhere?? The ones here are just the ones that have appeared on the official site.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
West Ham
We are fighting for promotion. You are fighting for something much more important. We are with you.

that one is fantastic thanks west ham :clap2: :clap2:

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
Bald Gull said:
Is it just me?

Was going to say Yes it's just you yah wimp, but reading these responses nearly had me in tears too, but very uplifting at the same time....

These MUST be put up at the away entrance at falmer, like a big monolith (2010 style thingy) with all these quotes... fnatatstic!

Liverpool's response is my favourite......

JP MUST SAY YES!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Well I could get the sign made I work in the Sign Industry), perhaps we could do it as a "Fans Sign" saying thank you for your support.

Who can find out where we can get the whole list from?

If it is available email it to me, I'll knock up a couple of visuals.

Then again, I think I will wait till we've got the go ahead anyway, once we have I'll suggest we get it up at Withden to start.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
There are some more messages on the official site on the page Samrah urges fans to attend (the valentines card at Hull)

(Still not managed to get the knack of saving pages and being able to copy them)

I would imagine the club have kept a note of them all.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
That's it then, a fans sign, once Falmer's been agreed I'll get a temporary sign done for Withdean to last until we go to Falmer.

I'll offer to do all the design and specification work for a permanent totem sign at Falmer, which should be dedicated to all the clubs that wrote in, and hopefully the costs to manufacture the sign will be met by the club.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There are some great messages. Like most people it seems, I think that the West Ham and Liverpool ones stand out.

Made me feel misty-eyed.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I have to say this one stands out for me

Manchester Utd
In their communities, all teams are as important as the very biggest ones. Manchester United supports Brighton and Hove Albion.

Says it all really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here