Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else finding as you get older, the stress of life is just......

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It is strange that as humans (or maybe just as Brits) that we actually add to our own stresses in life through choice. I am 35 this year and have decided now that I am not going to go for a promotion any more because it is a lot more stress for a few more pennies, not worth it. I have always thought I would end up getting married but actually I do not want to, I am not religious and to me marriage just seems very outdated and just one big headache, especially if you end up getting divorced.

As from September I am also cutting down to a 4 day week, it means I will have a fifth less salary and I will have to be more careful with money but actually I do not care, I would rather have less money and more free time. There seems to be too many blokes I know that are married, overweight, unhappy and getting dragged around in laws against their will and spending their money and time buying shite in homebase- I have no sympathy though, you chose that life!

Possibly the most depressing thing I have ever heard was when a friend told me he was 'not allowed' to come to the football because his wife had arranged for him to paint her mother's spare room. f*** me, if I ever found myself doing that I would definitely do a Reggie.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It is strange that as humans (or maybe just as Brits) that we actually add to our own stresses in life through choice. I am 35 this year and have decided now that I am not going to go for a promotion any more because it is a lot more stress for a few more pennies, not worth it. I have always thought I would end up getting married but actually I do not want to, I am not religious and to me marriage just seems very outdated and just one big headache, especially if you end up getting divorced.

As from September I am also cutting down to a 4 day week, it means I will have a fifth less salary and I will have to be more careful with money but actually I do not care, I would rather have less money and more free time. There seems to be too many blokes I know that are married, overweight, unhappy and getting dragged around in laws against their will and spending their money and time buying shite in homebase- I have no sympathy though, you chose that life!

Possibly the most depressing thing I have ever heard was when a friend told me he was 'not allowed' to come to the football because his wife had arranged for him to paint her mother's spare room. f*** me, if I ever found myself doing that I would definitely do a Reggie.

Apart from our career choices M you are mirroring my journey! Freedom is bliss!

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
Turned 66 last birthday and retired. Wonderful life,go to the gym 4 times a week,learning to play the piano,plenty of time to go onto nsc for news of the Albion.
Sit out in the garden with a beer or glass of wine. Wife is my best friend and we talk about everything for hours.
Do not have a fortune but really don`t need one.
In remission from prostate cancer so spending as much time with my son and two grandchildren as possible.
Don`t worry about your life flying by because that is what it does,just enjoy as much as possible.

Yes - good luck with that , may you visit the Amex for many years to come, my friend.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Was 34 this year. Suddenly i have a belly which i can't shift. Spent years doing nothing but going to the pub and never put an ounce on.

Now, even a Cadburys Creme Egg bursts the trouser buttons! Bugger

me too, always ate and drank what I wanted and hardly put a pound on. My weight seems up and down like a yo-yo.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Apart from our career choices M you are mirroring my journey! Freedom is bliss!

Freedom is bliss. Maybe I am just selfish but I want to do what I want, go out when I want, watch the football when I want and go away when I want. I have been single for 3 years now and feel far happier being single than when I have been with someone, I like my freedom too much and actually really enjoy my own company and being on my own.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
In my early 40s and in a professional job in medical industry. Been privileged to work in some great places and unlucky enough to work in some shit ones. Travelled a lot had many women, hurt some, healed others. Been through some bad times but laughed a lot too. I have had a great life so far with some alarming moments. Can't complain.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Turning 24 this year....still young and all but I have found not to rush anything in life and always keep my options open. No women or mortgage to tie me down so if a better job offer came in tomorrow I could go on and continue working. Lifes to short not to enjoy it, part of the reason I came back to England this year (even though it was not really in the budget). Enjoy life while im still young as sooner or later I may get tied down....that being said if I dont im not really bothered

D

Deleted member 18477

I wish I'd never read this thread. Quite depressing to be honest! It's all reality, but depressing at the same time.

I don't want my life to fly by!!!! (and it f***ing is at the minute!)

seagullsoveroxon

Jun 19, 2011
Life seems to be alot harder now i am in my 40`s . Best years from 16 -20 earning money, drinking and having a good time without any care in the WORLD ! Now married with a mortage near a end ! GREAT WIFE and KIDS but life seems alot harder with all the C**P that is thrown at you at work .over the 30 years of many jobs that have tried to knock the good out of me and STILL i keep fighting on with thicker skin and do you know what has kept me going apart from my family is my LOVE FOR THE ALBION !! 40 years of it and `I LOVE IT`

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I don't see how getting older becomes more stressful from the examples given.

You may find as you get older the responsibilities and commitments that come with that can just take the edge of life a little everynow and again. Whether it be mortgages, House bills, Work demands, Worrying about your children, your health (even those on here who have said they have overcome problems will admit is was stressful). It can all sometimes just seem to much and seems like it is just a treadmill of worry, and I hate it.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Freedom is bliss. Maybe I am just selfish but I want to do what I want, go out when I want, watch the football when I want and go away when I want. I have been single for 3 years now and feel far happier being single than when I have been with someone, I like my freedom too much and actually really enjoy my own company and being on my own.

This. Although I suppose my ideal would be a partner who didn't want to see me much (shame you're too young and gorgeous for me :wink:)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
This. Although I suppose my ideal would be a partner who didn't want to see me much (shame you're too young and gorgeous for me :wink:)

You will make some man very happy Lush, a woman who likes her own space and has an albion season ticket :love:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Im 45 and although I have relapsing remitting MS Im having the best years of my life. A lovely wife, two lovely children living in a lovely place. Of course I am constantly aware that things can change so quickly but to get here I wouldnt change a single thing in my life (cant do anything about the MS of course).

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
You may find as you get older the responsibilities and commitments that come with that can just take the edge of life a little everynow and again. Whether it be mortgages, House bills, Work demands, Worrying about your children, your health (even those on here who have said they have overcome problems will admit is was stressful). It can all sometimes just seem to much and seems like it is just a treadmill of worry, and I hate it.

I'm 30, married, 2 kids, mortgage, demanding job, bills, all the trimmings etc but thankfully don't feel like that.

Sure life is busy but it makes the relaxing times even more sweeter and whenever I feel a bit worked up I remind myself who I'm doing it all for when I get home to my family.

Might feel differently if the question was asked in another 10 years or so but I'm very much a half glass full type of chap.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm 30, married, 2 kids, mortgage, demanding job, bills, all the trimmings etc but thankfully don't feel like that.

Sure life is busy but it makes the relaxing times even more sweeter and whenever I feel a bit worked up I remind myself who I'm doing it all for when I get home to my family.

Might feel differently if the question was asked in another 10 years or so but I'm very much a half glass full type of chap.

Fair doos and good luck to you sir.

I just feel like it sometimes when I look at the big picture. I ran the streets had so much fun, playing in bands and travelling all round Europe, America, and Asia right upto the grand old age of 39 and 7 of those I was married and regret nothing and pine to do nothing more. It just seems with a child comes that extra stress of work making sure you do bend over backwards to keep your job, and with the wife also working up in London the stress of crossing over getting child and ourselves to nursery and work is just mental.It starts from 4.30am when the cat cries for food I know I have to get up for the next ten years to feed that damn cat even though I never wanted it, and that just fills me with dread along with making sure I can provide for my wife and child and not just financially, emotionally aswell. When I am close to just cracking up.

I am just having a pants week. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here