Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else finding as you get older, the stress of life is just......

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It seems many moons ago I was footloose and fancy free without a care in the world. The years have rolled by got married worked up the pay scale in life and burdened myself with more responsibilities at work, a mortgage, a wife then the inevitable a child. Yet these things can bring sheer joy sometimes I still get the urge to just do a Reggie Perrin. :down:

Feck where does your life go. :ohmy:

A word to the young on this board, Enjoy everything while you can, and do it all.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Turned 30 at the end of last year. Holding onto my youth with everything I have. Whilst I watch my friends get married and start families I have been enjoying as much of my life in others ways with holidays and freedom. I'm sure eventually I will settle and have the same things, I feel I have a few more years left to try new things. The only real stress I deal with is through work, but fortunately when I walk out the door at 5pm I don't have to think about it again until 8am the next morning.

As my father told me, "life isn't easy, son."

wayneb

Oct 24, 2009
Turned 66 last birthday and retired. Wonderful life,go to the gym 4 times a week,learning to play the piano,plenty of time to go onto nsc for news of the Albion.
Sit out in the garden with a beer or glass of wine. Wife is my best friend and we talk about everything for hours.
Do not have a fortune but really don`t need one.
In remission from prostate cancer so spending as much time with my son and two grandchildren as possible.
Don`t worry about your life flying by because that is what it does,just enjoy as much as possible.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Turned 66 last birthday and retired. Wonderful life,go to the gym 4 times a week,learning to play the piano,plenty of time to go onto nsc for news of the Albion.
Sit out in the garden with a beer or glass of wine. Wife is my best friend and we talk about everything for hours.
In remission from prostate cancer so spending as much time with my son and two grandchildren as possible.
Don`t worry about your life flying by because that is what it does,just enjoy as much as possible.

Great post and good luck with the remission...

Time has flown by... I do long for the days i was single and could refer to different parts of my life with the girl i was seeing at the time. Now i have been with the same girl 10 years... have a motgage, stresses of work and money... and she wants to get a house, have kids and get married... All too stressful but plodding on as this is life... Trying to work hard and get the mortgage paid so i can have a nice retirement of just playing golf... Im only 31 and feel like im 60... Life has flown... and seems to fly faster when things don't change much in life... Same job same girl etc...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Great post and good luck with the remission...

Time has flown by... I do long for the days i was single and could refer to different parts of my life with the girl i was seeing at the time. Now i have been with the same girl 10 years... have a motgage, stresses of work and money... and she wants to get a house, have kids and get married... All too stressful but plodding on as this is life... Trying to work hard and get the mortgage paid so i can have a nice retirement of just playing golf... Im only 31 and feel like im 60... Life has flown... and seems to fly faster when things don't change much in life... Same job same girl etc...

this.... 15-20 years ago, life was just about the weekend, Albion, pub, club and pissed. How i long for a snake bite and black in the Gloucester.

now stressful profession, wife, mortgage, bills from every angle...... the invisible straight jacket is firmly attached as I run on the hamster wheel!

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Was 34 this year. Suddenly i have a belly which i can't shift. Spent years doing nothing but going to the pub and never put an ounce on.

Now, even a Cadburys Creme Egg bursts the trouser buttons! Bugger

I struggle with spending a lot of time thinking that the 'grass is greener'. Not only is this pointlessly time wasting but it makes me feel disatisfied alot of the time. When I live in the now and enjoy my life, my great job, lovely partner Im so much happier. I know it sounds obvious but it's bloody hard to do.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I had a serious panic attack last night about becoming 30, no wife or house and still living in a flat with friends, and what happens when they move out with girlfriends etc, aaaahh! Also the fattest I've ever been and pretty shot of confidence.

Also aren't your twenties meant to be your best years? I've spent them working late and struggling to pay the bills.

In the grand scheme of things though realise I'm very lucky so shouldn't complain.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Am nearly 64,got married for the second time at 39,had 3 children, lucky enough to have paid the mortgage off by 50 and retired just before my 56th birthday.Moved from Surrey to south coast about 12 years ago.We live a quiet life and within our means.My wife had breast cancer last year,but the prognosis is good and she is recovering well.We no longer take our health for granted!
Life isn't exciting like it used to be when I was younger,but that is part of growing older.Likewise,I haven't got the angst that sometimes went with it!My main concerns are that the offspring lead happy and fulfilling lives 'cos it isn't easy for the younger generation today.
Enjoy swimming 5 days a week,plenty of vino.Have no desire to do much globe trotting and am happy to have the odd holidays and breaks, as and when, throughout the year,mainly in Cornwall.
To those younger than me,I say enjoy life while you can and make the most of your talents and opportunities,'cos life doesn't half go quickly!

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
as i got older, i got more time to myself to pursue passions, deleted the alarm clock and post from my life - i once tried the money game, got to earn lots of money but stressed - this is going in the wrong direction.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Just hit 30, getting married this year, probably kids on the way in the next couple of years or so, have seen a fair bit of the world, have an OK job, have a mortgage, work fairly hard, have got fat but am now getting un-fat again, go on nice holidays, have a season ticket and am loving the 'new' Albion.

No major stress really. 20's seemed to fly by in a blur but never mind, I prefer being 30 than 20. More money, more opportunities, and more interesting things to do.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
as i got older, i got more time to myself to pursue passions, deleted the alarm clock and post from my life - i once tried the money game, got to earn lots of money but stressed - this is going in the wrong direction.

Do you mean you got made redundant?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Retirement is bliss. Now 73 Was married had 3 children,was 14 years older than wife who unfortunately passed away at the young age of 49.
Been all over the world,got good money on the oil rigs....now just living on pension.... Had health problems...dialysis for 8 years,transplant,heart problems....but can do what I want,when I want,devote most of my time to the Albion and Art...drink too much...love my kids,,no weight gain....would'nt mind a girlfriend but will never get married again.....bliss!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
In my mid fifties...carrying on the same way as I did at 30, but with much better looking women. Something I didnt expect.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Just hit 30, getting married this year, probably kids on the way in the next couple of years or so, have seen a fair bit of the world, have an OK job, have a mortgage, work fairly hard, have got fat but am now getting un-fat again, go on nice holidays, have a season ticket and am loving the 'new' Albion.

No major stress really. 20's seemed to fly by in a blur but never mind, I prefer being 30 than 20. More money, more opportunities, and more interesting things to do.

This, to a T (except the un-fat bit)

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land

good on ya mate & hope you carry on being healthy & happy.
Im now grand age of 41, recently seperated from my wife but all is good, the sun is shining & ive always thought if you go through
life having & laugh & never be a bad enough person to really fook anyone else off & be nice to people around you then enjoy for as long as the ride lasts!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here