Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else disapointed with the transfer window so far?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think in january I'd rather loan someone who will either play to win a contract here, or play to show he still has it and can win his place back, than sign someone who turns out to be a dud, or who decides brighton isn't for him so stops caring.

Maybe the loan signing will become permenant if he enjoys his time here and plays well.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Part of the problem is that headlines like this one have heightened expectations of intense transfer activity.

Poyet will act fast From The Argus)

At the end of the day I'd rather sign nobody if the players are not available than spunk good money on the wrong players. That said, I very much hope that Brezovan, Carole and the centre half on loan will not be our only signings before the summer if we want to stay in League 1.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
don't get why people expected a lot Poyet and Bloom said not fans of the window and it was obvious it was only going to be used to ensure we don't go down with next summer the one where all the transfers will occur. Poyet has again said similar Albion line up Painter From The Argus)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
when looking for a manager, rumour had it there was no transfer budget. when the window opend, rumour had it we had £4million available. how about the truth is most likly, there will be funds available for the right player to fill targeted weaknesses? i dont think we should be spanking millions in this transfer window, keep it until the summer when we know exactly who's going and what we need for next.

and ffs, theres two and half weeks to go and we alreay have 3 signings!! how's that disappointing?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
when looking for a manager, rumour had it there was no transfer budget. when the window opend, rumour had it we had £4million available. how about the truth is most likly, there will be funds available for the right player to fill targeted weaknesses? i dont think we should be spanking millions in this transfer window, keep it until the summer when we know exactly who's going and what we need for next.

and ffs, theres two and half weeks to go and we alreay have 3 signings!! how's that disappointing?

Exactly

No money ------- £4m

Somewhere in between probably.

Its disappointing because we havent signed a Maldini or Baresi or Campbell yet!

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Disappointed...

The only player that looks like probably improving the TEAM is Painter... Carole versus Bennett; clear winner = Bennett... Hoyte (not played well for us) versus Calderon (out of work for 6 months or so) versus Whing (has played well for us); closer, but Whing for me... Brezovan versus Kuipers; clear winner = the FDM - just a better, more experienced keeper who gives his defenders more confidence...

Also, we still need a left winger!

We need to strengthen TO AVOID RELEGATION... also, who is going to come here in the summer if we finish 5th bottom or, worse, are relegated?

We need to finish mid-table at least, and not much evidence we will achieve this without strengthening the TEAM (rather than just adding numbers to the SQUAD)...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here