Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Anyone been white water rafting?

Yes did the same course a few years ago - although they 'teach' you what to do if you get thrown out it doesn't reflect what actually happens if it's at the top of the course.

First run was fine but we all came out second time around at the top and I went down 3 sets of rapids ...... not fun and won't be doing it again but hope you manage to enjoy!!

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Yes did the same course a few years ago - although they 'teach' you what to do if you get thrown out it doesn't reflect what actually happens if it's at the top of the course.

First run was fine but we all came out second time around at the top and I went down 3 sets of rapids ...... not fun and won't be doing it again but hope you manage to enjoy!!

It does seem a one time only gig.

Brighton Rocker

Jul 16, 2011
TN 21
I was the project manager for the Lea Valley Olympic Course and was one of the first to test it in a raft. Great fun but, expect to fall in. All the water is filtered so don’t worry if you drink some!
Before the course was built, went on study trips to see courses in Holland, Germany, Spain, Nottingham and Tees Valley. Great fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here