Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone been to valencia?

Trufflehound said:
An interesting theory LB, but sadly not true.

Pilau is the old Turkish word for rice.
Paella comes from "patella" - the Latin word for the pan in which paella is cooked.
I'm not sure that you have got the Turkish right.

Paella undoubtedly has connections with patella / pan. But pilaf/pilau is a ancient Turkish dish that involves a mixture of rice and other stuff - not dissimilar to paella. In various forms - pilau, perloo, perlau, plaw, pilaw, pilaf, or pilaff - the word runs right across the mediterranean, middle east and India. These rice dishes always include other ingredients.

Anywhichway, it's tasty scran.

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Trufflehound said:
Didn't know that. Bizarre town planning if you ask me though. I'd have said that having running water flowing through the middle of a city would add to its appeal, not hinder it.

it used to flood every year, that is why they did so. in the tunnel to the mestalla there is a mark where the water reached once, which is bloody high, despite the fact the ground is a fair distance from the river

we went on a football tour where we did training for a week at valencias training ground, drew 1-1 with their accademy under 18 team. also met the spannish squad as they were training there in preperation for a world cup qualifier with estonia or someone like that

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
afters said:
thanks for the advice, booked £80 for 2 on easyjet from gatwick......bargain:clap2:

well worth it:clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here