Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone been to Highbury before?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
f***ing ace...well it was when i went to watch a team from Sussex win a match that put them in a Cup Final :clap2: :clap2:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
depends which end your in.

ive been in the northbank a few times and luckily ive been in the seat behind the main chant starter a couple of times. makes the game fantastic!

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Been a couple of times, once to see super seagulls the other time was Arsenal v Leeds about 10 years ago. I was in northbank for the leeds game and all you could hear was the leeds fans down the other end :D

Sep 20, 2005
I took my young son a while ago on a trip with his football team. I'd never been to a Prem game before. I suggested we went in a bit early to soak up the atmosphere. Ha!
It was like we'd gone in on the wrong day. We were about the only people in the ground until 5 minutes before KO when suddenly it all filled up.
It was like being at the opera. Everyone in the bar until the bell went, then they all took their seats and sat back, waiting to be entertained.
Atmosphere? It made Withdean seem like Galatasaray.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
yeah , went last season for a champions league game , a bit quiet actually , nice enough ground though

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
I've seen Arsenal a few times North Bank or West Stand is where its at, but remember to respect their peace and quiet, remember you're atching artists not footballers.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
its a much different experience though.

when u go to watch arsenal its often an air of expectancy, where victory is pretty assured and we expect to be entertained by the best players in the world, so the atmosphere is far more relaxed.

brighton however, we are against the odds, it feels like a constant battle as we know loss is more than dissapointment, its us edging closer to relegation

far different mindsets.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
I live in Highbury. Unless your in the Clock End there is no real atmosphere. The other areas are very much a "prawn sandwich brigade" as R Keane would say. The Clock End is where the working class fans are.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Plenty of times. It's an awful atmosphere. There is more noise in a library.

We were there and lost 5-0, Henry scored a hat trick and his 150th goal for the club and not once did they open their mouths. Beat us 4-1. Not once did they open their mouths.

Last edited:

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
only been once, semi final 1983.....it was quite good then;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here