Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone been to Gibraltar

Good place for spotting the Drunken Brit. Full of rough women mostly Sqaddies. You can find an AA meeting if you need one. The local population seem to have missed out on a few centuries of evolution. Give it back to The Spanish. Good food at The Rock Hotel.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
We out Dolphin watching and it was superb. We saw loads and loads and the swam up really close alon side the boat. Once you get in and go over the runway. Follow the main road until it veers right and the is a big coach park and harbour. Get you tickets (and boat from there) about 90 mins long i think

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We out Dolphin watching and it was superb. We saw loads and loads and the swam up really close alon side the boat. Once you get in and go over the runway. Follow the main road until it veers right and the is a big coach park and harbour. Get you tickets (and boat from there) about 90 mins long i think

excellent...cheers mate

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
Dave

Been there a couple of times on cruises. Best option is to get a cab to either the Napolean or 2nd World War caves and send the missus shopping. Don't try the cable car the queues are horrendous. If you're also stopping at Monaco suggest you get off and walk the GP route. Cheap and easy and makes sense of it next time you see it on TV.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dave

Been there a couple of times on cruises. Best option is to get a cab to either the Napolean or 2nd World War caves and send the missus shopping. Don't try the cable car the queues are horrendous. If you're also stopping at Monaco suggest you get off and walk the GP route. Cheap and easy and makes sense of it next time you see it on TV.

Cheers Richard

I will have a look at those caves

Not stopping at Monaco this year - Toulon instead. In Monaco two years ago did the Ferrari hire thing around the "course". Let it go through the tunnel and the din was just amazing.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I had a friend who went to Gibraltar, I asked him what it was like, he said...rocking!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Made the mistake of going there once on the way back from Spain.

Wished I hadn't.

It's like an identikit boring English town from the 1980s.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Made the mistake of going there once on the way back from Spain.

Wished I hadn't.

It's like an identikit boring English town from the 1980s.
Like Grimsby but with sunshine ?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
It's grim. Rougher than a sailor's scrotum and damn expensive. Walking up the rock's a bit more reasonable, but it's only the views that are anything special. The apes regard you with a piteous contempt.

Cadiz is, to echo the other sentiments, something entirely different - Seville's only a couple of hours by train, but I wouldn't go at the cost of missing Cadiz.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Cadiz, Jerez etc.. all a millions of times better than Gibralta.

I'm struggling to think of something nice about it.

I went to my favourite part of Spain with fantastic food and wine and ended up travelling back through somewhere that offers up the worst that England can offer.

It's not it's Englishness that's bad, it's just like somewhere bad in England.

My wife summed it up the best - It was like our holiday had ended a day early. My fault, I was interested to see what it was like.

Never again.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here