Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone been to estepona , southern spain?

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
over to nsc....... going for a wedding there in july . weve been over that way a few times and stayed in puerto banus previously . personally its not really my sort of place so thought wed look a bit further out. or any other ideas? has to be pretty close to PB

cheers

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Used to be very nice, seafront especially. I stayed there a few times in the lat 80s. Probably now like Blackpool with the Sun. Recopmmend you stay up the road about 10 miles and inland by 3 miles at Benahavis. Lovely village with superb restaurants.

TNBA

TTF

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
lots of apartments and normal splattering of restaurants/cafes. We stayed midway between Banus and there, all looks pretty much the same to me .... all built around the coast road .... depends what you're really looking for.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Used to be very nice, seafront especially. I stayed there a few times in the lat 80s. Probably now like Blackpool with the Sun. Recopmmend you stay up the road about 10 miles and inland by 3 miles at Benahavis. Lovely village with superb restaurants.

I'd agree that, inland much nicer

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
stayed at the Amanhavis Hotel in Benhavis on a deal with the golf club a year or so ago. Not bad at all. Have a look at it on one of the Hotels.com or Travelrepublic.com type sites for a deal

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
hi

my friend has a house in estepona we go out once a year

lovely area some nice bars and places to eat without the noise and chavyness of banus if you do have to go in to banus a taxi isnt much.

not really a very big place and therefore can be a little limited on things to do but for a few days Estepona is great

Sep 25, 2008
Hi

Been to Estepona and Stayed in Estepona Port several times. Very chilled and only a couple of English bars in the port which is a good thing in my opinion. Going back in June for a couple of weeks and know a few guys that do airport pick ups that are cheaper than cabs if you are interested PM and ill send you the contact numbers.

If you haven't booked your flights try to go to Gibraltar rather than Malaga as it is closer and you can pick up cheap duty free!!

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Nicer to stay inland at that time of the year. School holidays, busy N340 etc. Cooler & far more laid back in land. You won't regret it!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hi

Been to Estepona and Stayed in Estepona Port several times. Very chilled and only a couple of English bars in the port which is a good thing in my opinion. Going back in June for a couple of weeks and know a few guys that do airport pick ups that are cheaper than cabs if you are interested PM and ill send you the contact numbers.

If you haven't booked your flights try to go to Gibraltar rather than Malaga as it is closer and you can pick up cheap duty free!!

But don't bother hanging around in Gibraltar. It reminds of somewhere like Swindon with slightly better weather.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here