Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone been to Cuba?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
Apart from literacy, what else has Castro done for Cuba???

Health!

THey have one of, if not the best health service in the world and you will find many visitors taking advantage of this. Canadians/Americans....

Poverty, suppression of free speach and no democracy. Pariah status etc.................

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
looney said:
Poverty, suppression of free speach and no democracy. Pariah status etc.................

I was weighing up the positives from his reign. That is all.

Strange, I met an alarming amount of people called Fidel. It is a very odd country. Well, worth seeing first hand.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Lefties like to holiday in cuba, Righties like the Czech Republic. Personally anywhere with a tropical beach, hot chicks and a bag of ganja would suit me.

:clap2:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
looney said:
Lefties like to holiday in cuba, Righties like the Czech Republic. Personally anywhere with a tropical beach, hot chicks and a bag of ganja would suit me.

I have been to both. What does that make me?

Even if the ganja originates from an oppressed, corrupt country???

Last edited:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
looney said:

I did the Czech Republic last year - what does that make me?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'm a dedicated lefty but, thanks to my better half's family's bad treatment when they were leaving Cuba in the 1960's, there's no way either of us are likely to be donating any much-needed foreign currency to the human rights-abusing Castro regime by visiting Cuba while he's still around.

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
I'm a dedicated lefty but, thanks to my better half's family's bad treatment when they were leaving Cuba in the 1960's, there's no way either of us are likely to be donating any much-needed foreign currency to the human rights-abusing Castro regime by visiting Cuba while he's still around.

I agree with you, if the boycott of South africa was just why isn't there one for Cuba?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
looney said:
I agree with you, if the boycott of South africa was just why isn't there one for Cuba?

It is too difficult. Many countries in the world should then be boycotted. China for one, due to their human rights. Do you use chinese built electronics?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Hire a car and pick up hitch-hikers! The best way to see Cuba, and they stop you getting lost!

Trinidad is beautiful, as are loads of other towns, don't just stick to Havana and Valadero. Explore!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here