Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone been to Anfield?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The best thing about the 2-2 at Anfield was being in an aisle seat next to the line of scouse police and this one local boy in blue sitting on the step next to me was giving it large under his breath the whole game and giving running encouragement to Liverpool obviously aware it was winding up any Albion fans in earshot. When we equalised at 2-2 I turned round and screamed into his face as part of my ecstatic celebration and there wasn't a thing he could do about it. In the excitement I ended up about ten rows lower down the stand :clap2: :salute:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i went some time in the 80s. guess its changed a little since then. (terraces on the kop)

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Cheeky Monkey said:
The best thing about the 2-2 at Anfield was being in an aisle seat next to the line of scouse police and this one local boy in blue sitting on the step next to me was giving it large under his breath the whole game and giving running encouragement to Liverpool obviously aware it was winding up any Albion fans in earshot. When we equalised at 2-2 I turned round and screamed into his face as part of my ecstatic celebration and there wasn't a thing he could do about it. In the excitement I ended up about ten rows lower down the stand :clap2: :salute:

I was in the front row for that game. Later I was seen on Match of the Day running about celebrating near the goal after we equalised. Didn't live it down at work for ages, since they were all Forest fans who had no idea what football is really about.

Seagullmatt

Feb 8, 2004
Goring by Sea
Juan Albion said:
Darn right. He was so far offside I thought he must have come from the Everton game.

I went to the Everton one the next day. They were shocking. 1-0 against Woking against the run of play.

fleet said:
Really enjoyed the 2-2 draw - be careful of the "mind your car for you mister" outside

It's alright, I've got an Alsatian (sp)

Put's out fires, does he?

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
I went to anfield and saw them lose to man city last season. It was brilliant, great atmosphere, nice ground. Go in the pub opposite the main gates at some point for the full matchday experience (can't remember what it is called).

The tour of the staidum is worth it too if you get a chance.

Going out in Liverpool is also a really good laugh. From what I can remember there is a good irish pub somewhere called something like the 'pogue mahone' which apparently means 'kiss my ass' in gaelic, it is a proper irish pub not an 'o'neills' clone and so is therefore a good laugh.
One of the big bars in the centre called Modo is alright but they will chuck you out for ANY, I mean ANY reason and when I was in there I saw that twat from Hollyoaks (Tony) thinking he was a legend which was quite annoying. As for clubs, I think I remember going to somewhere called the 'camel club' or something which was quite good and right next to Modo for when they chuck you out! and 'magnet' which was a bit of a whole but still a good laugh. Can't remember the other places.
One last thing, if you are in the part beginning with A, Allerton maybe? anyway, the bit with Penny Lane in it, there is a pub 9again, can't remember the name!) which sells a beer called 'Red Eric' which I think is scandinavian and looks like Ribena, it is a bit different and I didn't like it much but, obviously, it must be tried.

In conclusion, you will have a brilliant time in Liverpool.

Rod Thomas

Dec 29, 2003
Liverpool
yeah liverpool's got some real good night life. Check out Arena in concert square, and also Nation, home of cream bout 5 minutes walk away if you like trance and hard house music (called scouse house up here). Very pricey though on a Saturday night. Have a good weekend

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I was there in '83 for "that" game.That was a fantastic day out, one of the very best as an Albion fan.

The Liverpool fans we spoke to after the game were freindly and I saw no sign of any trouble, unlike the one and only time I went to Everton, they were not nice people, chucking bricks at our bus etc. Tossers.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
when you get there there is a great line up on the box
Liverpool launch own TV station

8:00-9:00 Scrapheap Challenge

Two teams of contestants try to assemble a decent football team from the Liverpool squad.

9:00-11:00 Film: As Good As It Gets Liverpool qualify for the UEFA Cup.

11:00 - 12:00 Faking It Gerard Houllier pretends to be a football manager but will he fool anyone??

12:00 - 13:00 How do they do that? Stories behind the most unbelievable events and occurences. This weeks
programme concentrates on Emile Heskey. How does he keep getting picked for the England team? How comes a guy built like a "Brick Privvy" spends more time on his back then Jordan does? The most unbelievable story is HOW THE HELL did he manage to score an overhead kick against Birmingham?
Was it meant to be a pass? Find out.......

14:00 - 15:00 The Weakest Link
Anne Robinson hosts this popular quiz programme. Tonights special contestants are the entire Liverpool midfield.

15:00 - 16:00 Holby City
This weeks episode: "Hypocondriac". Michael Owen is admitted for another hamstring injury sustained playing pool/golf with his mates, but discharges himself immediately when he realises he's forgotten his Teddy Bear.

16:00 - 18:00 Film: End of Days
Liverpool's realisation that a once great European footballing force now target the Worthless Cup as their only hope of silverware (besides nicking hubcaps). Hubcaps it is then......

18:00 - 19:00 Film '04
Jonathan Ross reviews all the latest blockbuster movies. This week he reviews Bend It Like Big Nose, El Hadj Diouf and the 40000 Thieves.

19:00 - 20:00 Whose Line is it Anyway?
Ex-Liverpool player and Anfield favourite Robbie Fowler discusses drug etiquette at parties and reflects on how Manchester "skag" isn't as good as that from Liverpool.

20:00 - 22:00 Newsnight Special
Incredible footage taken by the Americans, shot last Saturday, watched by the nation. A dazed, dishevelled and clearly bewildered leader being led from his temporary shelter. The slow realisation that the mighty empire he thought he ruled had esembled, and that the game was f inally up. Finally knowing that, instead of being loved, he was hated by his own people and
laughed at by everyone else........... and Phil Thompson next to him in the dugout didn't look much better.

22:00 - 22:04 Attacking Highlights
All Liverpools attacking highlights from the first half of the Season.
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Careful you don't bumb into loads of these:

Attachments

• 138638.jpg
    138638.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 92

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Don't forget the 'Letter to Brezhnev' tour - the boozer, the chip alley, the docks. Whadda you mean what's 'Letter to Brezhnev'?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cheeky Monkey said:
Don't forget the 'Letter to Brezhnev' tour - the boozer, the chip alley, the docks. Whadda you mean what's 'Letter to Brezhnev'?

Great film starred Alexandra Pigg (with a double G) and Margi Clarke

Jameson

Kent Seagull said:
I was there in '83 for "that" game.That was a fantastic day out, one of the very best as an Albion fan.

The Liverpool fans we spoke to after the game were freindly and I saw no sign of any trouble, unlike the one and only time I went to Everton, they were not nice people, chucking bricks at our bus etc. Tossers.

'83 game was probably the highlight of my (long) Albion career. Nightmare train journey from Brighton via Littlehampton (or some place like it) to Liverpool 'cos of engineering works on the Sunday, 44k inside, the proper Kop, Jimmy Case on fire, standing on the seats in the corner for most of the second half, jumpers for goalposts, Everton fans coming out of their houses and cheering us as our bus took us back to Lime Street, ran out of fags/booze/food on the nightmare journey home, God, I'm filling up........ :clap2:

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
yes with only 20 odd posts on NSC i am not much of a Brighton fan but i did happen to be in in Liverpool on Sunday 20th February 1983.

In my top ten all time Brighton aways this game is just ahead of Port Vale and Peterborough!

I can remember walking out of the Kop past a large tin of paint and into the Brighton end, .........the rest is history...

arrive early and dream!

enjoy!

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
I also have fond memories of the '91 Cup match. Had to be the Football Genius's finest hour. He marked John Barnes out of the game and almost scored at our end with a blistering volley. I also remember the generous applause from the Liverpool fans for our fantastic away support.

I'm loath to reinforce a stereotype, but on a separate visit to watch Liverpool play West Ham in '86 I learned to my cost that it is not sensible to have your wallet in your back pocket while standing on the Kop. Presumably this is less of a problem now that the gound's all-seater, but you might wish to take care. Otherwise I'd endorse everything others have said about the place and the people. You'll have a great day out.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I went to Anfield to see a Cup Match :)ascarf:) one fine Sunday in 1983 - they had the worst pies in the world at Anfield, and Dalgliesh was a wonder to behold

The programme had an article from their chairman saying how their fans were a tribute to the club all across Europe and never caused any trouble - so to prove it one of them broke my mates nose o the way out of the ground.

:flameboun

Seagullmatt

Feb 8, 2004
Goring by Sea
Wienergull said:
I also have fond memories of the '91 Cup match. Had to be the Football Genius's finest hour. He marked John Barnes out of the game and almost scored at our end with a blistering volley.

I remember that, he made J.B. look like the player from the lower league team. :clap2:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Seagullmatt said:
I remember that, he made J.B. look like the player from the lower league team. :clap2:

Me too. I just remember the pandemonium when we got our second. One of only two occasions in my life I've hugged a bloke who was a total stranger ! (other time was at Hereford final whistle).

Bloody cold that day as well.

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
harold robbins said:
Off on a stag weekend to Liverpool in a couple of weeks and have got tickets for Liverpool -v- Fulham on the Saturday (unfortunately I`ll miss the Peterborough game).

What should I expect (humourous replies welcome) and is there anything I need to be wary of(apart from the locals!)?.

I went a bit earlier in the seaosn and it was very quiet. Changed a bit though. they no shout we want Houllier out etc etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here