Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone been on holiday on their own?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've done loads of travelling on my own and, with one exception, have generally had a great time.

Lord B's suggestion is an excellent one - East European trains are qute an experience, you'll always end up in some sort of conversation and they're dirt cheap.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Been away loads on my own and really enjoy it, do not consider myself a sad git AT ALL for going solo. The benefit is being selfish, eat, sleep and do anything you want in your own time. My only concern would be if the holiday was too long, a week alone sounds just about right though. Enjoy.
A week is pretty much pertfect for a billy no mates break, I'm looking at a cheap week in Malaga as we speak!

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Been off on my own a few times in France - bit of hiking, golf, footy match. As was pointed out, eating out is the only downer.

You will always meet people and you are master of what you do and when you do it. Go for it!

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Try Benidorm,I know some people Knock it,but it is a short flight and once you are there you can try the old town for the Spanish shops and tapas etc,or the new town for the traditional Brits abroad stuff(Sticky Vicky etc).
There are three miles of nice beach with bars etc all along the front.Once there Alicante is under an hour away and if you are feeling adventurous Valencia is not that far,there is also a railway line that goes all along the Costa Blanca.Providing you want to be sociable there are plenty of bars offering whatever you want whether it be bingo,pub quizzes,cabaret,strippers or just a quiet drink.
As for dining on your own,yes it can be a bit daunting the first time but I dont think anybody really takes any notice.
Dont really think it is sad going on holiday alone as the alternative is staying at home doing things you can do for the other 51 weeks of the year.

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
Do it, you won't regret it.

Why not go and see the British Lions in South Africa? That's a right craic, and instant drinking buddies too (if you want them).

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Solo mountaineering in the U.S. Rockies in winter, scuba diving in NZ/Aus, yep no problems and you meet great people beacause you have to if you want to talk to anyone, get a plane ticket and a hire car and off you go but you probably need something like the above sports to give the trip a purpose, sitting in one town for a week ........er no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here