Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone any advice or experience on hiring an RV to tour in U.S.A.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
careful tony, you'll get some really comical sloth character falling asleep on you!

what is an RV BTW?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Recreational Veer-Hickle.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There are a number of firms that advertise in the campervan monthly mags like MotorCaravan Monthly and MMM. I have them each month and will look up the email address of their USA experts and send it to you, if I can find it.

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
I was up for doing that but as I was only going for 9 days, it worked out a lot cheaper to hire a decent car and stay in nice hotels/ motels. I suppose if you hire a Rv at least you'll have less trouble keeping to the stupidly slow speed limits. I got pulled over twice by state troopers which was an experience in itself.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
You know most people who own/rent them also tow a car along as well? Makes sense really if you think about it. You're not going to try to get one of those things in a supermarket car park or through a drive thru (and bear in mind we have drive in everything here - banks , chemists , dry cleaners as well as the one or two fast food restaurants that have started to open up here).
I'd probably go with the other advice to hire a nice big comfortable SUV and just stay in any of the hotel chains.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Friend of mine have one of these American RV over here, 40' long (legal limit )and has a car on the back totaling 60'

Best advice it to hire one in stages along your route ,ie find a company that has several locations so you can drop one off along the way an collect another one, otherwise you will have to pay a premium for them to return it to it original location, its not like car hire where they can shift quite a few in one go on a transporter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here