Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone able to explain this please?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Went to Comet this afternoon to buy some DVD's to copy stuff too.

Box of 25 Memorex DVD+R = £12.99

Box of 50 Memorex DVD+R = £11.99

Don't get it.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Don't get it.

So, which box did you buy?

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea

Don't get it.

I would suggest that the 50s were on a half price offer.
This very often happens where the larger quantity pack is promoted down to a price below that of the smaller quantity,

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Always annoys me when I'm forced to "buy" something extra in order to get a discount.

I havent been in McDonalds for a while, but I remember a time when if you got a drink (even if you didn't want one) the burger and fries then constituted a "meal" and thus was cheaper than the first two individual items.

Happened to me in Boots a few weeks ago, a bought a sandwich and a drink but was told at the till that if I bought a small bag of carrots (or something else) the total cost would be cheaper.

I said I couldn't be bothered, but the bloke at the till was so insistent that he LEFT the till and went and got them.

I would suggest that the 50s were on a half price offer.
This very often happens where the larger quantity pack is promoted down to a price below that of the smaller quantity,

Mr I....that's been their regular price for months now. I buy a box now and again in case they realise they've priced them incorrectly and they double the price.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Always annoys me when I'm forced to "buy"
Happened to me in Boots a few weeks ago, a bought a sandwich and a drink but was told at the till that if I bought a small bag of carrots (or something else) the total cost would be cheaper.

I said I couldn't be bothered, but the bloke at the till was so insistent that he LEFT the till and went and got them.

staff may be on a bonus to 'upsell' combo meals, and it also makes turnover of individual units look better.

re pricing, methinks the shops get us accoustomed to larger packs, then will quietly remove he smaller items from sale- leaving only the larger packs, at whatever price they choose..

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I wish retailers would simply sell us their goods, for a set price. No BOGOFs, no "Meal Deals"no "Loss Leader". Just sell the damn product for the price it is worth. Scrap loyalty cards, who is loyal these days? Just adjust your prices to a sustainable rate and let us decide who has the best products for the price.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yeah, i hate it when i get somthing cheaper :rolleyes:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Always annoys me when I'm forced to "buy" something extra in order to get a discount.

I havent been in McDonalds for a while, but I remember a time when if you got a drink (even if you didn't want one) the burger and fries then constituted a "meal" and thus was cheaper than the first two individual items.

So you've got a bag of carrots you don;t want then??

Anyone remember the Oranjeboom Happy Hour at the County Ground a few seasons back?

£1 a pint.

Half a pint - £1.25. I was in the queue behind someone who INSISTED on a half.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Could be a stock clearance to shift the 50-packs before Xmas when they will ramp up the price on new stock.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Mind you someone in Comet might be in for a bollocking when they realise the 50-pack should actually be £21.99 :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here