Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyon see the bbc2 show about Ditchling?

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
a very english village i think the series is called- tonight epsiode was about the opposition to one of the village pubs (Sandrock) closing down, and being converted to flats..

i never realised there was more than one pub there- had only heard of / remember the Bull, a bit further down.. that's a welcome stop off point in summer, when cycling around the Downs..

the locals seem to think the Brighton folk coming all the way there on bikes are strange..? so does living in a tiny place with buggerall to do, and maybe one bus a day, to the real world..:D

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Lord Bracknell said:
The Sandrock was always the best pub in Ditchling.

It's a tragedy it's no longer there.

Nonsense The Bull has, was and will always be the best ... It used to be my local when I was a lad !!!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The other pub use to be called the Star or something.Been in all pubs in Ditchling.The late Mathew Harding lived their and so does Vera Lynn.Use to do grape picking there years ago witha mate.Had a great laugh doing that

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I used to play rugby for Ditchling, great rugby club, arse village. They seem to think that the whole of sussex revolves around them:tosser:

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
Deportivo Seagull said:
They seem to think that the whole of sussex revolves around them:tosser:

It does ;)

It's the same programme that was on a while a go, my dad was one of the people interviewed on it. The Bull and White horse are quite good pubs, but I prefered the Sandrock, it's a shame it's gone.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Lewesian Seagull said:
The North Star used to be a great pub, live music on Fridays and Saturdays and big bowls of free roast potatos Sunday lunchtimes!

and TANGLEFOOT on draft :love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here