Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody on here ever watch Kath & Kim?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't think I've ever met anyone who's watched it, other than me.

I guess it's probably more appealing to women than guys, but I think it's hugely underrated. Especially when the BBC spends all its money plugging crap like Little Miss Jocelyn and My Hero, yet it's got a quality bit of programming like K&K on the books which it shovels away quietly on MOnday nights.

If you haven't seen it, give it a go. You'll never watch Neighbours in the same light again.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Now that you have said I will never watch Neighbours in the same light again, I will avoid this like a plague. I will let nothing affect my love for Neighbours!

On the topic of female television - Is the Catherine Tate show, a female program or just plain crap or is my sense of humour dull/void?

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Yes I do.

And for some reason I really fancy Kim

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
Now that you have said I will never watch Neighbours in the same light again, I will avoid this like a plague. I will let nothing affect my love for Neighbours!

On the topic of female television - Is the Catherine Tate show, a female program or just plain crap or is my sense of humour dull/void?

Catherine Tate- I find it a bit hit & miss.

The "bovvered" girl has got quite annoying, thanks to the catchphrase being taken over by just about every chav in the country.

"How VERY dare you" on the other hand, still has mileage in my book.

Hey, I still watch Neighbours, it's just that K&K is one of those rare things, a funny Australian sitcom, and it takes the piss out of the whole Neighbours-type suburban lifestyle, even down to the exaggerated accents.

"Oooh, come here Kel, you big hunk of spunk"

:lolol:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I never find I could watch a whole episode. I'll watch ten minutes and find it funny and then turn over. It's a bit of a 'one joke' sort of programme.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I watched the first couple and thought it was poor. Seemed to rely to heavily on people saying things in a funny aussie accent.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
*smugly cries 'fixtures' having posted a similar question a couple of weeks ago which got ignored*

Quaility show - but then I lived in Sydney for a year and spent lots of time in Japan and Taiwan socializing with Aussie ex pats. It is very very 'ocker'.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Kath and Kim is brilliant - its two of Australias funniest women, and what makes it funnier is that its made for Australian TV (yes we can laugh at ourselves), and the fact that its been exported is fantastic - its a hit at our house!!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Does anyone remember "Chewin the fat", bloody brilliant comedy from north of the border, requires a small understanding of Glasgow and the accent to make head or tail of it, but no more than for the likes of Rab C.Nesbitt.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
tedebear said:
Kath and Kim is brilliant - its two of Australias funniest women, and what makes it funnier is that its made for Australian TV (yes we can laugh at ourselves), and the fact that its been exported is fantastic - its a hit at our house!!

Yep, I've travelled all around Australia and K&K is really funny if you've experienced Aussie life. 1st watched it 3 years ago whilst over there and it's a big big hit. Loook at Mye :lolol:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Gully said:
Does anyone remember "Chewin the fat", bloody brilliant comedy from north of the border, requires a small understanding of Glasgow and the accent to make head or tail of it, but no more than for the likes of Rab C.Nesbitt.

Oh! The banter! :lolol:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
if you want to watch funny aussies watch chopper and the extras best 15 20 mins of your life! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

"if you walked into there f***ing house the great big turrrddd on the door step wouldnt of been the shittest thing you knowtist!"

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Your gonnie nooo dae that, gonnie nooo.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
My fave Kath & Kim quote has to be

Kim: Here's your statue, Mum.
Kath: Oh, what for the love of God is that?
Kim: It's the statue you wanted.
Kath: What? No it's not, Kim.
Kim: Yes it is, it's a statue of little baby cheeses.
Kath: Little baby cheeses? Oh little baby *Jesus*, Kim, *Jesus*.
[Exasperated]
Kath: Oh, Jesus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here