Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody Know Of A Decent Tapas Bar In Brighton?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I've just been asked if I knew of a good tapas bar in Brighton 'for research purposes'. Had to confess I had no idea.

Anybody got any recommendations?

Cheers

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Casa Don Carlos in the Lanes next to the Bath Arms.

Good food, nice wine, always very busy and attentive and sometimes chatty staff. Best Patatas Bravas in Sussex.

Pinxos People opposite Waitrose has had very good reviews but I've not got round to trying it yet.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Mexican place on New Road is ok. Forget the name.

what he said.

...and if you fancy something a little out of the ordinary, the Thai tapas in the lanes

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Norman Baker suck my lozenge said:
Used to be one near the Lady B marina in Southwick,burnt down though
La Cala
Its reopened now. Still excellent.

Last edited:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
La Tasca is the worst I've been to, been average every time I've been there.

Casa don carlos is good, I've also had a couple of decent meals at Ipaenema upstairs on Western road.

Pintxo people is fantastic, if a bit more pricey and 'proper'

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Casa Don Carlos is the absolute tops. The proof? See how many Spanish people you see in there. Jammed. I am also told about Dalis at the Seven Dials, but I haven't been so can't comment.

La Tasca is revolting, and you can easily - and probably will - go horribly wrong in there. I agree with, and like, the 'McDonalds of Tapas Bars' tag. It's for people with no sense of authenticity. Sadly, it's nature of British eating out that restaurant chains usually are that way - and this is no exception.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
get on the train to london bridge

come out of station...walk down Borough High Street

Corner of Soutwark St and Borough Market...excellent tapas bar.

Not in Brighton but she will be impressed oh tight scottish one.:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Last edited:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The Large One said:
Casa Don Carlos is the absolute tops. The proof? See how many Spanish people you see in there. Jammed. I am also told about Dalis at the Seven Dials, but I haven't been so can't comment.

La Tasca is revolting, and you can easily - and probably will - go horribly wrong in there. I agree with, and like, the 'McDonalds of Tapas Bars' tag. It's for people with no sense of authenticity. Sadly, it's nature of British eating out that restaurant chains usually are that way - and this is no exception.

I've been to Dali's a few times and it's excellent. Casa Don Carlos can not be beaten though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The one at Southwick is well cool :smokin:

And there is a nice one in Bilbao, well quite a few actually

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here