Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody ever hitched to an Albion game?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No.

But the bloke I go to the Albion games with once went to see the Albion at Ipswich. His Network South East card was only valid as far as Manningtree, so he bought a ticket for there hoping to get a connection to Ipswich. He got to Manningtree at about midday. Unfortunately, there wasn't another train to Ipswich that day until 4pm.

So he walked. 14 miles.

I think he missed the first 10 minutes of the game.

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
Hitchhiked from Sheffield Uni to watch the Albion at Northampton when they were a class act. It was in the league cup and we lost 8-0. I left at 7-0 and got picked up by the police on the MI trying to hitch back. Luckily they were cobblers fans and gave me a lift to the next service station. Got back to Uni at 5am wondering why on earth I had made the effort.

capone

Feb 7, 2004
Brighton
Don't remember that corrallt. But I do remember hitching to Plymouth for a midweek game in the seventies, which we won 1-0. Winner could have been scored by Alan Gilliver. Went with a bloke from Hangleton, couldn't get started so we got a train to Romsey and got going from there.

On the way back we got a lift from an Albion fan who lived in Crawley. No idea how we got back from there, man.

And I also remember when I lived in Fareham going to Bristol Rovers for another midweeker, hitched back with a bloke called 'Blackburn', fell asleep in a lorry, went well past where I lived and had to hitch all the way back again. Jeez, crazy days.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Once hitched a lift back to Seaford after an Albion game......got rather pi**ed and missed the last train.:drink: :drink: :drink: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here