Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody Else Suddenly Bricking It?

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
If Saints win games in hand and then beat us it's only 7 points and then if Plymouth go bust it's only 1 point...

Slightly nervous but that's just me - I worry!

I know what you mean. But really it's Hudds we need to be looking at; it would be annoying not to win the league but getting promotion is much more important. The chances of both Southampton AND Hudds/Posh winning all their remaining games while we collapse are slim [touching wood, crossing fingers etc.].

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
SCC still need to play away at Rochdale, and that won't be easy as we found out. If we beat Wednesday and Daggers we will be up, and we only need to draw at home to Huddersfield and SCC to get rid of two more games and keep them the same points behind us.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
We'll be champions on the 12th April, that's what I reckon. (Though I haven't worked it out properly, still think we will win the league by a distance.... )

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know what you mean. But really it's Hudds we need to be looking at; it would be annoying not to win the league but getting promotion is much more important. The chances of both Southampton AND Hudds/Posh winning all their remaining games while we collapse are slim [touching wood, crossing fingers etc.].

Oh yeh - def the main thing and i'm not worried about that atall - we'll def go up - I just a tincy tiny bit nervous about SCC catching us and winning the title!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Why so worried?

Consider this. If we drew our last 7 matches we'll be guaranteed promotion.

Our current form is well above 1 point per game. In fact, it's above 2.5 points.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
YE gods......8 straight wins, 1 draw. 11 points clear with a game in hand..unbeaten at Withdean.......how empty does your glass have to be !!!
A win today would have been game over but even though I would have taken the point at the start of the day I now feel gutted with it. I know we are so close but four wins to seal the championship from seven games suddenly seems like a mountainous task for me and for some reason I am convincing myself we won't do it. f*** this I just want the season done now.

EDIT: Ignore the above stupidity, I got all depressed for five minutes.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Cant believe there is still anyone out there who thinks we wont get promoted. I consider me to be slightly negative by nature and even i think we are home and dry, and have been since that injury time winner against Carlisle. Daggers were unlucky to lose to us but on our pitch they will not stand a chance against tippy tappy football. Gus has a point to prove against Sheff Wed. The team/Manager/fans/chairman/mascot and anyone else with an interest wants us to do SCC................................. so there are your 9 point needed for promotion. Every little point (draw) is another step to promotion so be happy kids!!!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This was the toughest of our remaining away games , I think we will still draw another 2 games before the end of the season.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
We only need to win 3 games between now and the end of the season and that excludes what others do. Now surely everyone in this country or looking at our season can see we will pick up 3 wins or 8 points.

We are 11 clear of Huddersfield and better GD. Southampton are the most likely to have a chance with their run in being the easiest, but they bottle it to often.

The next 4 home games are going to be great and a good atmosphere should be on offer too :)

Falmer here we come!!

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
A few years ago someone posted that we had at least 2 more years of football league football when we hit 50 points. Today, we have definitely mathematically made the playoffs. Of course we will also win the league.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
if you were totally unbiased and a stranger gave you a grand now to put on the league 1 team you thought would win the league this season, who would that team be ?

sleep tight :)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
3 points i think will do it.

Yesterdays point was a great point. Slip up to Wednesday and a tiny bit of concern may enter my head for a minute.

Dag at home should be a banker and that should pretty much be enough

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
I actually think one of Southampton, Huddersfield or even Posh will catch up with us the key thing is only one of them will, meaning we'll be promoted.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If Saints win games in hand and then beat us it's only 7 points and then if Plymouth go bust it's only 1 point...

Slightly nervous but that's just me - I worry!

Can I just point out that if Plymouth go bust, Saints only have 1 game in hand as Plymouth are the second one so we would still be four points ahead.

To anyone getting nervous, to put it in perspective Huddersfield need to get 11 points from 6 games (and Peterborough 17 points from 7 games) to catch us even if we don't get another point all season. That is how strong our position is. I am not saying it is all over, just that a point at one of the division's in form teams is hardly a disaster. Who wouldn't have taken 4 points from Dag & Red and Rochdale this time last week?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here