Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody Else Suddenly Bricking It?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
A win today would have been game over but even though I would have taken the point at the start of the day I now feel gutted with it. I know we are so close but four wins to seal the championship from seven games suddenly seems like a mountainous task for me and for some reason I am convincing myself we won't do it. f*** this I just want the season done now.

EDIT: Ignore the above stupidity, I got all depressed for five minutes.

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
A win today would have been game over but even though I would have taken the point at the start of the day I now feel gutted with it. I know we are so close but four wins to seal the championship from seven games suddenly seems like a mountainous task for me and for some reason I am convincing myself we won't do it. f*** this I just want the season done now.

Are you taking the piss? A draw at a team who had won 4 in a row and still 11 points clear and you are "bricking it". That seems a bit of an over the top reaction.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The competition was over months ago, 4 wins is worst case, the teams below us will have to win all of their games to stand a chance.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
We're ELEVEN points clear of Huddersfield, with a game in hand. I know what you mean but realistically I don't think we need to worry just yet.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We'll be fine, now

chill_pill.jpg

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
:laugh::laugh:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

How can you be gutted with a point?? Away from home against a form side pushing for the play offs..... Get a grip man!!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
How on earth can anyone be bricking it:laugh:
Im well relaxed and we now have 2 home games coming up,we could lose 5-6 games on the trott and i feel we would still go up:drink:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We only need four out of seven if Southampton win EVERY game.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
That's four wins assuming Southampton win every single one of their games. Even then, we'd still be promoted unless we get less than 7 points, which is the maximum Huddersfield can get. Don't worry!

One4the.road

Jan 10, 2011
I not taking the piss but I'm slightly worried really want it over with now . Huds and scc are coming on top form . But we beat them at home and its game over

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I am a Red Sox fan.

In 1946, my mum was in the stands when the Cardinals won the seventh and deciding World Series game by one run, in the bottom of the eighth. Three outs away.
We had the World Series all but won -- one out away -- in '86. The camera crews were going down to the clubhouse for the celebrations.
In 1978, the odds against the Red Sox losing the American League pennant were 28 to 1. They lost, to the Yankees, in a one-game playoff.
In 2003, up by three runs, with no one on base, and five outs remaining in Game 7, the Sox contrived to lose to the Yankees.

1967, one game away. 1975, one game away. 1948 (mom saw that one, too), one game away.

I know from bricking it.
I am a connoisseur du choke.
Even I think it 's time to sit down, relax, enjoy the trip.

Last edited:

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Not bricking it personally, as I fully intend to be at every game for the rest of the season, so will be there when both promotion and the divisional championship are confirmed.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
I am a Red Sox fan.

In 1946, my mum was in the stands when the Cardinals won the seventh and deciding World Series game by one run, in the bottom of the eighth. Three outs away.
We had the World Series all but won -- one out away -- in '86. The camera crews were going down to the clubhouse for the celebrations.
In 1978, the odds against the Red Sox losing the American League pennant were 28 to 1. They lost, to the Yankees, in a one-game playoff.
In 2003, up by three runs, with no one on base, and five outs remaining in Game 7, the Sox contrived to lose to the Yankees.

1967, one game away. 1975, one game away. 1948 (mom made that one, too, one game away)

I know from bricking it.
I am a connoisseur du choke.
Even I think it 's time to sit down, relax, enjoy the trip.

Reassuring as that seems - I just don't understand American cricketball so I'll go with - I'll eat my own shit before 2 teams overtake us - That's some youtube action I don't wanna star in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here