Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody else get nicked (Twice) in Cardiff?

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
2 Speeding tickets were issued to my vehicle on my way in and out of Cardiff for the playoff against BC, the first on the Sunday at 46mph and the other on the Sunday at 41mph on the same stretch of road within the City.

I don't drive a fast car and at the time it was fully laden with people and luggage. What with being 6 and a half hours early for ko and looking out for landmarks, like the hotel and ground having never ventured into this part of the world before, I certainly was in no rush or aware that I was driving excessively fast, altho' I accept this is no excuse.

Did anyone else have a similar speeding camera experience as it is my contention that this sort of carry on is easy pickings for the Fuzz, ie; in simply nabbing unsuspecting visitors to the City, which I had nothing but praise for over the weekend apart from these incidents, so it sort of left a bad taste?:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
That sounds a bit hard to swallow.6 points in one day and you wasn't even aware of it.How much was you fined for that then,probably more than one of them twats the police have to chase through a city at 100 miles an hour on one of the police stop programs.:nono:

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
£60 each offence in less than 25 hours and you're right (in needing my car to travel around the south east for work the implications from my employer are serious), you don't even have the chance to take stock and moderate your driving when you get hit for six in one foul swoop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here