Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody Contacted The Club?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I know there's already a "Swindon ideas" thread so apologies!

Superphil will no doubt be taking his banners to Swindon, and I'll be taking mine. Bearing in mind the 2000 Johnny 2 Jags who'll be at Swindon...it would be a good idea if we can get a couple of the official "Listen to the people Mr Prescott", "64,200 odd people said yes" from the club to make an appearance behind the goal at Swindon.

Using my location as an excuse for not looking into it, but does anybody else think it would add weight to what could well be our last week of campaigning? Shouldn't take too much organising-hell, they could take them on the team coach and pass them to us when they arrive at the ground.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
all good ideas but I cant help feeling everyones forgetting how important this match actually is. Yeah its good to promote the Falmer campaign as much as possible but we need to spend at least 80mins of the 90 geting behind the team and roaring them onto victory....they wanna hear GOSBTS, Blue & White Army etc etc not WE WANT FALMER every 5 minutes. The Sky camera's will pick up on the banners (hopefully) if not they cant miss them at Withdean, its outta our hands now so lets just get behind the team and show them that we care about them too.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We all agree that the match on Sunday is important but let's remember that for this football club there is NOTHING more important than getting Falmer. If we win the playoffs and don't get Falmer we are doomed to mediocrity at best. This is an ideal opportunity to show the rest of the country that we need that decision, need it in our favour, and need it quickly so we can make real ong term plans for our club.

Nobody will ignore the game and I'm sure we'll be getting behind the team most of the time but Falmer is much bigger than winning the playoffs.

We go up, get a No decision from JP, then what? We're destined for Division 2 at best, forever. Div 3 or the Conference at worst.

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
Bwian said:
We all agree that the match on Sunday is important but let's remember that for this football club there is NOTHING more important than getting Falmer. If we win the playoffs and don't get Falmer we are doomed to mediocrity at best. This is an ideal opportunity to show the rest of the country that we need that decision, need it in our favour, and need it quickly so we can make real ong term plans for our club.

Nobody will ignore the game and I'm sure we'll be getting behind the team most of the time but Falmer is much bigger than winning the playoffs.

We go up, get a No decision from JP, then what? We're destined for Division 2 at best, forever. Div 3 or the Conference at worst.

Spot on.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
all good ideas but I cant help feeling everyones forgetting how important this match actually is. Yeah its good to promote the Falmer campaign as much as possible but we need to spend at least 80mins of the 90 geting behind the team and roaring them onto victory....they wanna hear GOSBTS, Blue & White Army etc etc not WE WANT FALMER every 5 minutes. The Sky camera's will pick up on the banners (hopefully) if not they cant miss them at Withdean, its outta our hands now so lets just get behind the team and show them that we care about them too.

TOTALLY AGREE, SING LOUD AND PROUD!! I can't be there but will be listening and watching to you on the big screen in front of the local Leeds fans who wants us to go up! I have got a coach booked for next season and they can't wait!

For one game only lets get behind the team and not Falmer!

:clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here