Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody Big Enough To Apologise For Their FAKE Post-Pub Outrage Re Windowgate?

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
That's all good advice, unless Hart was at the last chance saloon regarding his previously aired apologies. The one involving 'Yorkie' springs to mind.

Does not matter if your employer has a laid down procedure then it has to be followed to the letter or a claim of unfair dismissal can be made. I have seen untold numbers of people get away with transgressions because the policy was not followed to the letter. Some of these people have had many discpl investigations and been given more than 1 chance to change.

So even if your intention is to dismiss then you still suspend, investigate and then sack. For large employers its the only safe way.

On the side one person where I work was caught stealing, he was suspended it was investigated and he was duly sacked. He appealed his dismissal on the grounds that the employer spent the investigation trying to prove his guilt and did not devote an equal time to trying to prove his innocence!

It is a truly mad world

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Does not matter if your employer has a laid down procedure then it has to be followed to the letter or a claim of unfair dismissal can be made. I have seen untold numbers of people get away with transgressions because the policy was not followed to the letter. Some of these people have had many discpl investigations and been given more than 1 chance to change.

So even if your intention is to dismiss then you still suspend, investigate and then sack. For large employers its the only safe way.

All correct. But I was referring to dismissal for misconduct after receiving previous warnings for misconduct.

Maybe, that's what has happened if the 'leak' is correct?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If Harty has been dismissed then that is utter cack of the highest order IMHO.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Perhaps these dismissals are convenient because the sports department at SCR is running over budget this year, and the removal of H&H will cut the wage bill.

There is more to this than meets the eye.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Perhaps these dismissals are convenient because the sports department at SCR is running over budget this year, and the removal of H&H will cut the wage bill.

There is more to this than meets the eye.

How come you are privy to this information ?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I found a slug in my greenhouse earlier, it was moving up the glass, but I am not sure if it was licking it at the same time.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
All correct. But I was referring to dismissal for misconduct after receiving previous warnings for misconduct.

Maybe, that's what has happened if the 'leak' is correct?

And if it is my comment stands contact a lawyer cos if its not in the policy it is unfair dismissal.

I do feel however its more likely that Harty is on freelance basis therefore he can be got rid of simply by cancelling the contract.

Still sucks tho whatever the circs.

Good luck Harty if you still have my mobi number be in contact lost your number down the back of a new york taxi couple of years back along with my phone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here