Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any vinyl collectors out there?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I am keeping hold of some of my vinyl, it will go in my parents loft. However....

This is not going to sit well with some of you but vinyl is just a possession, a material thing and in the grand scheme of things is not that important to me. Over the last 6 months I have sold, given away and donated every book, DVD and video game I owned. I have managed to strip all my belongings down into 4 boxes. I am ridding myself of material possessions to work abroad, travel and see the world, I am sure the memories of seeing amazing sights will outweigh the ownership of some plastic discs.

perhaps.....but in 25 years time i guarantee you will be saying i wish i held onto that 12" Jam picture disc

have a great trip though.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I am the proud possessor of this, bought new when first issued. Now on e-bay for £185. It's the MONO version, which seems to attract the collectors.

I'm not selling.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pink-Floy...81135699416?pt=UK_Records&hash=item4174fe55d8

I'll see your original Saucerful Of Secrets and raise you my original mono vesion of this (with the blue writing and grey back that's only on the original).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-PINK-...21208103586?pt=UK_Records&hash=item338107caa2

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Collecting vinyl has absolutely taken over my whole life!!! I've always bought vinyl but since doing a bit of DJing, my addiction has become uncontrollable!! I collect early Ska, Rocksteady & Skinhead Reggae (& a bit of Northern Soul when the urge arises!) I have now accepted the fact that there will never be a day when I can say iv got everything, & for every single I add to the collection, there's another 2 added to the wants list!!!

Apr 29, 2012
My name is Lee and I am also a Vinyl-aholic, yes I too must join these ranks of record anoroaks. I probably shouldn't admit it on a BHA forum, but collecting, listening to and part-time dealing in vinyl is my biggest passion (even more so than the Albion..............). All the signs are there really, I have a room dedicated to my records at home with a large IKEA expedit stuffed full of records, I cannot walk past a Charity Shop or Boot Sale without feeling the urge to go in and rummage for music (even CD's I'm not fussy), I have several copies of the RRPG price guide going back through the years, I deal on a small-time basis on Discogs and there are always records that I want! My favourite styles of music are generally anything that will make you move - Soul, Jazz, Funk, House, Hip-hop, Reggae, Dubstep etc. but I can give most styles of music a whirl, with the exception of Country & Western and Hair Metal!

Yes I have two copies of the Beatles 'White' Album, and I still bought the big stereo box set last year of all their albums re-mastered.....I have all three of the Beta band's three EP's on Vinyl, but bizarrely my most valuable record at the moment according to Discogs is this one (probably due to the hype around RAM):

http://www.discogs.com/Daft-Punk-TRON-Legacy-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/release/2814077

My biggest current 'want' is a Brighton Band, and possibly the greatest rock album I have ever heard - let me know if you have it and want to sell!:

http://www.discogs.com/Eighties-Matchbox-B-Line-Disaster-Hörse-Of-The-Dög/release/1371783

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I am keeping hold of some of my vinyl, it will go in my parents loft. However....

This is not going to sit well with some of you but vinyl is just a possession, a material thing and in the grand scheme of things is not that important to me. Over the last 6 months I have sold, given away and donated every book, DVD and video game I owned. I have managed to strip all my belongings down into 4 boxes. I am ridding myself of material possessions to work abroad, travel and see the world, I am sure the memories of seeing amazing sights will outweigh the ownership of some plastic discs.

that will change once you get back

material possessions can hold sentimental value too

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus

Good for you, part of me wishes I had. My record collection is currently costing me over £100 a month to sit in the Big Box Storage centre. I SHOULD have sold it before I emigrated, but now I have it's difficult to.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
My name is Lee and I am also a Vinyl-aholic, yes I too must join these ranks of record anoroaks. I probably shouldn't admit it on a BHA forum, but collecting, listening to and part-time dealing in vinyl is my biggest passion (even more so than the Albion..............). All the signs are there really, I have a room dedicated to my records at home with a large IKEA expedit stuffed full of records, I cannot walk past a Charity Shop or Boot Sale without feeling the urge to go in and rummage for music (even CD's I'm not fussy), I have several copies of the RRPG price guide going back through the years, I deal on a small-time basis on Discogs and there are always records that I want! My favourite styles of music are generally anything that will make you move - Soul, Jazz, Funk, House, Hip-hop, Reggae, Dubstep etc. but I can give most styles of music a whirl, with the exception of Country & Western and Hair Metal!

Yes I have two copies of the Beatles 'White' Album, and I still bought the big stereo box set last year of all their albums re-mastered.....I have all three of the Beta band's three EP's on Vinyl, but bizarrely my most valuable record at the moment according to Discogs is this one (probably due to the hype around RAM):

http://www.discogs.com/Daft-Punk-TRON-Legacy-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/release/2814077

My biggest current 'want' is a Brighton Band, and possibly the greatest rock album I have ever heard - let me know if you have it and want to sell!:

http://www.discogs.com/Eighties-Matchbox-B-Line-Disaster-Hörse-Of-The-Dög/release/1371783

It's ok, you are not alone, the room where I keep my vinyl in our house is called the library! I even buy records for my kids, and then "look after" them for them, like surfin' bird because they loved seeing Peter Griffin wig out to it. I also get them to flip when a side finishes, the theory being they too will become hooked and will have someone to bequeath the collection to in my will rather have it sold off...."

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Good for you, part of me wishes I had. My record collection is currently costing me over £100 a month to sit in the Big Box Storage centre. I SHOULD have sold it before I emigrated, but now I have it's difficult to.

'twas the only thing other than my stack system (as we used to call the component units that played music) and clothes I took to Australia with me nigh on 20 years ago

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
You won't get hardly anything for it I'm afraid very unsought music.
Albums 50p-£1
singles 25p-50p
12" same as singles really.
Your best bet is a table at a record fair.
I sold 2000 70's/ 80's vinyls about four years ago and got £55
After I had taken out any I knew were rare.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
You won't get hardly anything for it I'm afraid very unsought music.
Albums 50p-£1
singles 25p-50p
12" same as singles really.
Your best bet is a table at a record fair.
I sold 2000 70's/ 80's vinyls about four years ago and got £55
After I had taken out any I knew were rare.

Well I sold 12 bits for £80 this morning so not all bad! :)

unklbrian

Feb 4, 2012
Anyone else go to the Record fair at the Brighton Centre on Sunday ??

I came away with 4 x 7"s and a 12" ... All reggae niceness :)

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
'twas the only thing other than my stack system (as we used to call the component units that played music) and clothes I took to Australia with me nigh on 20 years ago

Yeah, but I;m only going to be here another year before I move on again, I should have shipped them over, it will have cost me way more than the shipping would have cost to keep them in storage for the 4 years I've been here. Next time I move on, I may ship them.

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Yeah, but I;m only going to be here another year before I move on again, I should have shipped them over, it will have cost me way more than the shipping would have cost to keep them in storage for the 4 years I've been here. Next time I move on, I may ship them.

Do it, you know you want to

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Anyone recommend a good vinyl shop. I drop into Bens records Guildford which is great but there must be others. Where do you buy yours?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Anyone recommend a good vinyl shop. I drop into Bens records Guildford which is great but there must be others. Where do you buy yours?

Wax Factor in Trafalgar Street is good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here