Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any truth in Benno having a medical at Norwich Thursday?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Although it's obviously not the same circumstance in a couple of ways, e.g. playing at the Withdean against Colchester vs playing against Manchester United, Charlie Adams will still be playing against Manchester United tonight, even though he is more than likely moving to another club. So, if Bennett does play tonight, please don't all get excited thinking he is definitely staying. Cheers.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bennett will be easily repaced , take the money , no fuss , end of

Clearly not seen him play this season then. who would replace him? Don't say LuaLua either because despite the fact he is injured they are completely different players

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bennett will be easily repaced , take the money , no fuss , end of

Double the money.

The club, both chairman and manager, have stated they are keen to keep him. Don't recall the player saying the same anywhere.

Presumably the player has no say in the transfer fee. and he's just signed a new deal so he's presumably happy for the time being with the pay deal he's negotiated.

So double the asking price. Or treble it. Whatever it takes.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Lansbury is a totally different player and doesn't offer the width that Bennett can. Certainly won't provide the goal assists.

I think they will keep trying so it is down to whether Elliot wants to go. If he doesn't then all bids will be rebuffed. If he does then a fee will be agreed.

My concern is that we have no replacement and no time to find and sign one. Maybe Noone can do a like-for-like.......?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
ive seen enough of him rookie , just think if the boy wants to go and we get good money then so be it , plenty of players out there , we all have are favs , he just aint one of mine.
regards

Plenty of players out there? You are on a different planet chap.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
We have scored 50 goals.
Bennett has scored 4 of them, and set up 21 more.

50% of all of our goals have come through him.

If we sell him for say £1million, £250k of that goes to Wolves. That means we make half a million profit, with a bigger potential of missing out on promotion, worth £4million.

Mr Banker....... No Deal.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We have scored 50 goals.
Bennett has scored 4 of them, and set up 21 more.

50% of all of our goals have come through him.

I we sell him for say £1million, £250k of that goes to Wolves. That means we make half a million profit, with a bigger potential of missing out on promotion, worth £4million.

Mr Banker....... No Deal.

That.

LS6

Nov 9, 2010
God I hope he stays. He is vital both this season and next. If we don't go up then the team will be based around him next season, if we do go up he'll be vital in staying there. First name on the team sheet for me

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
actually Tom's point is a very good one.....so far Gus hasn't gone off on one about this, where I seem to recall him going banannas at Calderon

I tend to agree with the view that if he wants away then I can understand that going somewhere like Norwich who appear a pretty decent club is probably a very good move for him...certainly Crofts has flourished there ( and I didn't think crofts was that specioal a player) However most of us on here thought Robbie Savage was crap when he came down here so what do we know :lolol::lolol:

What is really concerning me about this, it smacks of the Harding situation, where from what we can guage from the club he doesn't want to go and his agent is pressing hard for him to....that may be bollocks, but I can't understand where all this has come from if he is happy here.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
God I hope he stays. He is vital both this season and next. If we don't go up then the team will be based around him next season, if we do go up he'll be vital in staying there. First name on the team sheet for me

Agree with your post, apart from the bold part, which is totally wrong.

If we DON'T go up, Bennett would leave in the summer, and with the blessing of right-minded folks, however disappointed we'd be.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
actually Tom's point is a very good one.....so far Gus hasn't gone off on one about this, where I seem to recall him going banannas at Calderon

I tend to agree with the view that if he wants away then I can understand that going somewhere like Norwich who appear a pretty decent club is probably a very good move for him...certainly Crofts has flourished there ( and I didn't think crofts was that specioal a player) However most of us on here thought Robbie Savage was crap when he came down here so what do we know :lolol::lolol:

What is really concerning me about this, it smacks of the Harding situation, where from what we can guage from the club he doesn't want to go and his agent is pressing hard for him to....that may be bollocks, but I can't understand where all this has come from if he is happy here.
It's nothing like the Harding issue.Harding stalled and stalled over a new contract and then buggered off when it ran out.Bennett has just signed a new deal.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's nothing like the Harding issue.Harding stalled and stalled over a new contract and then buggered off when it ran out.Bennett has just signed a new deal.

no I meant that harding was happy to stay ( I have that from the horses mouth so to speak) but when the greebacks were waved under his nose and the offer that was made was far in excess of what we could at the time, he would have been a fool not to accept it. It was not his choice at the time to sign a contract here...yes he could have told his agent to feckoffski, but in the longer term that was not an option.

Nowadays contracts mean nothing and are in effect a staement of compensation when an agent decides to move his asset on.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Elliott was signed up to a long contract early on because the club knew this scenario would likely happen. If the player wants to go then there is very little we as a club can do about it (apart from restraining a clearly unhappy player). At least this time as far as the fee is concerned we are not desperate to cash in and can get a players true value with Falmer and the increased revenue that will bring. I think I am more shocked that other clubs are not trying to attract him away.

essex seagull

Nov 2, 2008
essex
Other clubs may not be interested as he might not fit into their style of play,Norwich have recently discovered that their right back is quite handy at scoring when he goes forward but isnt the quickest when having to get back so they have identified Elliott as an ideal player on the right side of midfield for them .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here