Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any truth in Benno having a medical at Norwich Thursday?

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Just read a comment on the argus website that Elliot Bennett is having a medical at Norwich Thursday, any truth in it or just stupid rumours?
Any ideas?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Their local papers had a live blog today and although they covered Bennett there was no mention of him having a medical and I can't find anything their end. They do seem very certain that he will sign for them though in a " we can afford him so why wouldn't he come" sort of way

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Roll on February 1st, when we will be able to give the second-biggest club in East Anglia the two-fingered salute.

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
With Gus saying we're not going to sign anyone I thought maybe he knows that nobody is going anywhere? Wouldn't mind seeing kaz signed up though! Get him some proper southern medical attention and get him flying down the wing for us again!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I would say a big fat no, tonights lineup will confirm this I would have thought

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why would you wait until Thursday for a medical just out of interest? If he was going this week he wouldn't play tonight? Or he'd go Weds for a medical? Why Thurs?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If he's playing tonight, then its all bollocks. Let's wait and see.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
From the live-chat, interesting.

No, we haven't been allowed to speak to him. This will, I am sure, change, once we get to the end of the month. His agent is saying tight-lipped as well. His agent, by the way, is exactly the type of person you would expect Elliott to have representing him. Not the stereotyped money-grabber but somebody genuinely with his best interests at heart.

Smithy07

Jan 18, 2011
I think this rumour started on the 606 messageboards where it was started as having come from the "local media." Since there is nothing about it in our local media or yours I therefore suspect this rumour is b**locks.

If any further move is going to happen i would expect it in the next couple of days though as i'm sure we won't want it left to the last day of the window.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If he is leaving, I would very much doubt if he'd play tonight ('not right frame of mind' and all that). Let's wait until we hear the line-up. If he's out, he will surely be on his way.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
If he did go for a medical at N'arge, Bennett will fail. They'd count the number of digits on each hand, and finding only five, they'd fail him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here