Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Star Wars fans out there?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It's somehow escaped my attention, but this comes out at the cinema in a couple of weeks?

Star Wars - Clone Wars

[yt]HVra0kGhJAM[/yt]

I expect it'll be crap...but you never know!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Trailer looks reasonably good... i shall be attending with my 5 year old

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Well it will have to be an awful effort to be any worse than Revenge of the Sith, which was to be honest a disgrace to the Star Wars brand.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well it will have to be an awful effort to be any worse than Revenge of the Sith, which was to be honest a disgrace to the Star Wars brand.

Disagree.

I'd say Attack of the clones is the disgrace

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
attack of the clones and the phantom menace were both wank

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I have to say that as a die hard Star Wars fan I enjoyed the new films and Revenge of the Sith is my second favourite after Empire Strikes Back.

What alot of people are forgetting is that ultimately, Star Wars is a childrens story and wasn't made for adults. It's testament to the original trilogy that they still stand up to the test of time and that children & adults alike love the saga.

If you ask any Under 16 what they think of the three most recent films and I'll guarantee you that they'll all say they prefer them over the original trilogy.

In fact, both my two boys think the original trilogy is boring compared to TPM, AOTC & ROTS so that goes to prove that so far as Star Wars is concerned, it's a generational thing over which films you like.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
What alot of people are forgetting is that ultimately, Star Wars is a childrens story and wasn't made for adults.

that is absolute rubbish! it was always designed to be a Family Film series which of course includes adults!

Will be popping along to the Big Screen for this...as it is SW.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Massive SW fan here and ROTS was IMO an excellent effort, second only to ESB

Abbreviations abbreviations abbreviations etc.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford

Brilliant film in my opinion

not sure what the point in this film is. maybe its showing the gap between the 2nd and 3rd films.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The problem with all the new films is that the acting is rubbish, none of the characters have any depth, and the ott effects make the whole thing look unrealistic.

Hayden Christianson is shockingly bad, and Ewan Macgregor is pathetic in ROTS.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003

It isn't brilliant but when Darth takes that first breath it makes it all worth it.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
that is absolute rubbish! !

whoa - easy there tiger!!! :lol:

You're quite right it was a family film, but it's a common fact that the original star wars film was aimed at the 8-16 year olds age range...Old George has even said it himself.

Anyway regardless of that I will be taking my two lads and my missus to go & see it aswell.

Talking of which, has anyone played Star Wars Galaxies before?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The problem with all the new films is that the acting is rubbish, none of the characters have any depth, and the ott effects make the whole thing look unrealistic.

Hayden Christianson is shockingly bad, and Ewan Macgregor is pathetic in ROTS.

you're quite right, but then Mark Hammill in ANH was just as bad from an acting perspective...Who can forget his whiny voice when he uttered the line...

"But I was going into Toshi Station to pick up some power converteeeerrrrrrrs"

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
you're quite right, but then Mark Hammill in ANH was just as bad from an acting perspective...Who can forget his whiny voice when he uttered the line...

"But I was going into Toshi Station to pick up some power converteeeerrrrrrrs"
:lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Any Star Wars fans? i expect so, Brighton had the most Jedi's in the country in the 2001 census.:thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Originally this feature film was to be a series of short episodes that would be shown and networked on TV. George Lucas then decided it should be released as a film on the cinema screen , there will be a live action TV series at some time in the future featuring minor characters from the SW franchise that first appeared in comics and graphic novels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here