Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Staffiie owners out there! urgent advice needed!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
On the subject of dogs. Many years ago I went out with a girl whose father showed dobermanns. We were at a dog show at Giggs Lane in Bury once and his back went and he had to lie flat and couldn't move at all. So, muggins here was given a crash course in what to do and then get out into the ring and show this dog off to its full potential. Even allowing for the fact that this beast had many best of breeds to its credit I have never felt such a **** in all my life as when I was prancing around that show area.
Whenever I see even a snippet of Crufts on the tv it comes flooding back.

D

Deleted member 18477

Badgers are double hard bastards. Fact the standard garden model took on the much larger and better equipped Staffie and forced the fight on for 30 minutes before eventually succumbing only serves to emphasise this fact.

Vote Honey Badger 2013.

:lolol:

D

Deleted member 18477

staffie's are HORRIBLE looking dogs. and thats disgusting that they attack other animals!

much rather have a nice labrador or a pug dog.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What did the O/P do with the dead badger, I find myself wondering?

Protected species & all that. Did you get the council to dispose of it?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
staffie's are HORRIBLE looking dogs. and thats disgusting that they attack other animals!

much rather have a nice labrador .

Totally this. Don't get why anyone would want a dog that does this kind of thing. But each to their own I suppose.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
I have some friends who want to buy a staffie - my immediate reaction was 'why?'. Why not buy another breed that is less likely to attack other animals and humans?

Nobody has yet answered this - if you want a kid-friendly dog, then surely go for a labrador, maybe golden retriever or poodle. But then I suppose you might not reckon you look macho enough walking a poodle.

TnL_CPFC

Jan 25, 2012
I have 3 staffies in a council flat in Croydon (as that is the standard dog in my area), and the two boys will have a fight every now and then. Me and my friends normally sit around and place bets on who's going to win, so i'm a tad more fortunate than others in my area as i'm pretty clued on to who's going to win, i digress, if it starts to get a bit out of hand, as i don't want RSPCA or the Old Bill on my doorstep, i throw black pepper at them and it immediately stops as both dogs are in fits of sneezing. So if you're ever caught in that situation again, instead of hitting them hard with the sovereign, just sprinkle pepper. Happy to help

Camicus

I have a westie and a scottie :D Absolutley adorable the pair of them. On the other hand my old scottie was a complete and utter scrote and would bite at anything that moved 14 years of training never broke him of that habit so he always went out in a muzzle. If you cant trust your dog around other animals then its the responceable thing to do. If it hurts another animal in public it will be labeled as dangerous and will then be destroyed. It is better by far to keep it muzzeled and under control

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Nobody has yet answered this - if you want a kid-friendly dog, then surely go for a labrador, maybe golden retriever or poodle. But then I suppose you might not reckon you look macho enough walking a poodle.
True! We've got two male cocker spaniels and a female toy poodle. The cockers have got maroon coats and the poodle has a nice fluffy pink one. There's a guy I sometimes see up at Hollingbury woods with a Staffie (on a lead naturally as whilst they're great with kids and, the odd badger aside, wouldn't hurt a fly yada yada yada it's better to be safe than sorry) and you should SEE the look of utter contempt he gives me as I mince past with my gay/girlie dogs.

I have 3 staffies in a council flat in Croydon (as that is the standard dog in my area), and the two boys will have a fight every now and then. Me and my friends normally sit around and place bets on who's going to win, so i'm a tad more fortunate than others in my area as i'm pretty clued on to who's going to win, i digress, if it starts to get a bit out of hand, as i don't want RSPCA or the Old Bill on my doorstep, i throw black pepper at them and it immediately stops as both dogs are in fits of sneezing. So if you're ever caught in that situation again, instead of hitting them hard with the sovereign, just sprinkle pepper. Happy to help

and to think i've just been called an 'effin bore' because i've slagged of MK Dongs, life's not fair. Therefore this is only worth 1/10, sorry mate, really you must try harder.

TnL_CPFC

Jan 25, 2012
Passport photo.jpg

Mate, do i look like i'm in the old bill or RSPCA?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here